The List is Out-of-Date

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Who do we report omissions or inaccuracies to for The List? For example, for 15W Ku, 7 out of 8 entries are not correct.

Added: Just noticed a better example: 87W Ku doesn't list LPB!

The list has never been up to date since I've been here. To stay current you have to visit all the knowledge bases and follow the forums.

The KU side was updated by qwert1515 who is in California so obviously 15W is below the horizon for him. He took the info from another member.
I know the program he uses requires him to manually add S2 programs to thelist and last I checked he was working with SatelliteAv to find a way to dump a channel edit list from the Micro to the program he is using

Why not PM qwert1515 to see if you can send him a file for the Eastern satellites sol it can be updated?
(the C-Band side I use to do but not having FTA anymore might be an issue) ;)

The KU side was updated by qwert1515 who is in California so obviously 15W is below the horizon for him. He took the info from another member.
I know the program he uses requires him to manually add S2 programs to thelist and last I checked he was working with SatelliteAv to find a way to dump a channel edit list from the Micro to the program he is using.
I will PM qwert515 to update him on 15W and 8W Ku. As of yesterday, I changed my universal LNB back to a standard LNB since the universal was getting me nothing additional of interest. Funnily, I now can't get Pentagon and some other signals are weaker. It could be a combination of weather and perhaps the standard LNB location needs to be tweaked since it may not be sitting at the exactly correct location in the dish LNB holder.

The above would explain the absence of LPB. Are you sick of condo living yet?

There use to be a way to submit comments, and corrections directly on TheList,
but after a server change I was never able to get it to work again.

Updates have been slow and difficult after changing to the microHD
as it does not save all of information used by TheList.

I am using Northgeorgia's "Galaxy 19 (97 W) Ku-band guide" Excel file to update G19 on TheList.

The last time I talked to SatelliteAV was in January and he was working with the developer of the channel editor
to see if it was possible to get the necessary information in a file, but it does not seem like that has worked out.

So I am thinking of dropping information from TheList that is not provided by the MicroHD, in turn of being able to update TheList more often.

QWERT we can move you to the Apache Server so all those features work again. Just let me know and I will make it happen ASAP. :)

That would be cool!

Are you sick of condo living yet?
actually no. I guess because the house i lived in had so many issues with it at the end I'm just happy to be gone from the house.

5 things I miss from the house
-having the free to air system for sports feeds (but now with college hockey done I normally wouldnt watch much on it)
-my badass antenna system
-being able to putter around in the garage or bring the C-Band dish out for fun (and to piss off the neighbors)
-being able to "move" with my satellite setup so I could get neighboring market locals on Directv.
-being able to do laundry whenever I wanted. Here we can do laundry whenever but I have to have quarters so I make sure I have a full load. At the house I'd do laundry whenever because I "didnt have to pay for it" (of course I had water and electric to pay for)

10 things I don't miss from the house
-the high electric bills (averaged over $105 a month...now its $33)
-the natural gas bills (averaged $60 a month....now 0 as heat is included)
-the issue with stuff breaking. My fridge was on its last legs at the house. The water heater blew up (bottom rusted out) and the appliances were old. Here at the apartment my fridge was acting funny. Told the manager and boom 2 days later new fridge :)
-I dont have to deal with my ex neighbors dog barking all the time or the people across the driveway from me (aka the Maury Povich family....6 kids 4 different dads) with kids running around at all hours
-association dues so that they could "improve" the complex....but nothing ever to our building
-every spring the basement nearly flooding (on the top floor here at the apt)
-paying for my satellite bill. Yes satellite is included in the rent. I have to pay alacarte for the extras like HD and DVR so instead of a $80 sat bill its $20
-freezing my butt off starting the truck in the winter...yes I had a garage at the house but it was always cold in there. Here is underground parking and in the dead of winter it was 55 degrees down there
-freezing my arse off in the dead of winter having to fix something on the dish farm. Froze many fingers in the winter

OK maybe 9 things ;)

Perfect material for FTA Shack

How 'bout we split all this fun off to a new thread.
That way, with a proper /topic, it'll be found & enjoyed by many more. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts