The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeh, 6 here too...and starting to loose interest, sorry to say. Getting bogged down with character(s) development that I don't care about. Will probably watch to the end, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Having read the book during the early, early 1980's as an AP English assignment ( fat chance of that in public school today LOL ), I've been anticipating an adaptation for quite some time. Ridley has been working on this for a number of years. I guess he finally found someone that would fund this type of series. The characters from the novel are there but the plot has been simplified for TV. In the book, the 3rd Reich is much more advanced that they are in the series and Hitler dies early in the book as opposed to him still being alive in 1962 in the series. The series just deals with the impending stepdown/death of Hitler due to Parkinson's instead of Syphilis and the coming power struggle between the top leaders ( Goebbels, Heydrich, and Goering ?? ). I doubt they will get into the details of how the Allies lost the war like in the book, which is pretty interesting, and shows how a single event ( the assassination of FDR in 1933 ) can snowball into a much bigger impact in history.

Reactions: madmadworld
Every series has to go through the character-development phase, otherwise the show is shallow because we aren't made to care or understand what motivates them. So I can deal with the setup and build-up of characters. I'm 5 into the series now and still enjoying it. I'll watch #6 tonight... :)

Jevans, I wish you'd have used spoiler tags. Not having read the novel (though now wish I had), there was spoiler info in your post that I would've preferred not to know yet...

I am glad it released two days before my prime account was up but I have not watched it yet but I did record all the episodes with my playon media server.

I finished it, and glad I did. That's all will say for now.

I am going to watch this next after we finish Jessica Jones.

I've watched up to 3 so far, and will probably watch the rest. It's very interesting, but creepy (understandably).

A good series, striving for more than one season, will always keep you wanting/thinking for more...like
Spotnitz did with X-files.

Reactions: long_time_DNC
I liked the season but man that ending was pretty abrupt. When I finished the last episode I was pretty surprised when it didn't automatically start the next episode. I understand that they want to leave stuff for future seasons but I would have liked a little more closure on this season than that.

Don't get me wrong. I like the show and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next. I just wish we didn't have to wait a year to see it.

I have to say this in protest, that these streaming shows get sent to this IPTV dudgeon, instead of in Prime Time. I have objected several times, only to be ignored (or moved back here). There is NO traffic here, and some people who might like these shows would have no clue. Someone is clinging onto "technicalities" instead of reality.

I agree. This (and other IPTV show threads) should get more exposure. There's nothing about them that's terribly different than any other "network" scripted drama or comedy show except 1) lack of commercials and 2) method of distribution...
Well, the only REAL difference is distribution....no commercials on HBO/Showtime. Just short sited thinking on someone's part.

Reactions: long_time_DNC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)