"The man who made the iPhone 4 is out"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
not the first time I've heard/read of apple having pretty much no tolerance for a mistake. I'm pretty sure he was encouraged to resign.

I don't think we will ever know the truth about this departure...

But I can imagine a scenario where this guy left on his own accord.
He is an industry vet, 26 years at IBM. Silicon design. One of the top guys in his field.
That means he respects physics more than "magic sh!t".

Antennagate is Apple artists' creation: Steve, Ive and the gang. Only they could believe this could be "worked around".

I can easily imagine somebody sick and tired working with these "artists"...

Diogen.

Good point indeed. Maybe he did just get tired of it all and saw the antenna problem as a way to negotiate a friendly severance. If they fire him he could make it public that they fired him over the mistake and possibly damage apple rep some more. So he says "Hey, I'll walk out on my own, here's a piece of paper with my parachute requirements".

Some more speculations, this time from WSJ (that I have no problem believing)
Apple iPhone Executive Leaves - WSJ.com
It was Mr. Jobs, rather than Mr. Papermaster, who decided to move forward with the development of the phone even though
the company was aware of the risks of the antenna design as much as a year ago, according to people familiar with the matter.

In other words, "who says 2+2=4? I say it's 5 and off we go...":)

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)