The Masters

He is a good guy and a winner and doing exactly what he is SUPPOSED to be doing. Standing by his family and supporting his wife during her tough time.

That is HIS JOB. No big bonus there.....

You're right, but when there's so many others out there NOT doing this, it's a breath of fresh air when someone IS living life the right way.

He is a good guy and a winner and doing exactly what he is SUPPOSED to be doing. Standing by his family and supporting his wife during her tough time.

That is HIS JOB. No big bonus there.....
I agree with your statement and most good men do their jobs and take care of their family with little fanfare. But thank goodness for men like Tiger Woods and Tiki Barber...my pancakes now have flax seeds and are toasted on the outside, my shirts are being pressed (a first in 10+ years), and the xxx is even hotter. :)

Anyway, an interesting article on Mickelson and Woods in the Orlando Sentinal. Tiger Woods will never be as beloved as Phil Mickelson – Open Mike – Orlando Sentinel - people noticed how Tiger didn't acknowledge a fan that he hit with an errant tee-shot, while Mickelson took a moment to ensure a fan he struck with a tee-shot was alright.

You're right, but when there's so many others out there NOT doing this, it's a breath of fresh air when someone IS living life the right way.

I know what you are reffering to and I agree. COMPLETELY.

It's like wanting to give a special prize for being good in school. Your SUPPOSED to do that....it is SUPPOSED to be the norm. My father NEVER, EVER gave me a pat on the back for doing something your supposed to do.

I agree with your statement and most good men do their jobs and take care of their family with little fanfare. But thank goodness for men like Tiger Woods and Tiki Barber...my pancakes now have flax seeds and are toasted on the outside, my shirts are being pressed (a first in 10+ years), and the xxx is even hotter. :)

Anyway, an interesting article on Mickelson and Woods in the Orlando Sentinal. Tiger Woods will never be as beloved as Phil Mickelson – Open Mike – Orlando Sentinel - people noticed how Tiger didn't acknowledge a fan that he hit with an errant tee-shot, while Mickelson took a moment to ensure a fan he struck with a tee-shot was alright.

I read the article and what that writes should be taken with a grain of salt. On the opening line, he states that Tiger is gonna be no where near like Phil...then admits the process with take a while. So his sample size of Tiger's behavior is the 1st tournament back? :rolleyes: Then OTHER sample was him hitting someone with an errant ball, and not saying something...and Phil did when he did the same.
The guy hit it into the trees, could it be that maybe, no one told him someone was hit and the reason Phil knew was because it was the 2nd ball that came in that direction...? I mean really....:rolleyes:

There is NO DOUBT there will be no comparison on who is better liked between Phil and Tiger. Hell, YOU YOURSELF stated it took time warm up to him. His little shaking of his head when he would choke had little to know emotion...the look border line looked like he didn't care.

I don't like Tiger cause he is a good guy. I like him because he wins. Freddie Couples was notorious for huffing and puffing and swearing at errant shots in the past. Now, they love him .....

...I will take an athlete swearing up a storm after he has made a bad shot any day of the week. Shows me fire.

I...Freddie Couples was notorious for huffing and puffing and swearing at errant shots in the past. ...

Many years ago, Fred Couples was one of the first to be live-miked during a golf round, and when he blew a shot and his lead on the 72nd hole of a tournament that he went on to win in a playoff, we heard him say, "God dmm it. What a fuggin' day!". Announcer Roger Twibell then said, "Now that we've heard Fred Couples thoughts on the matter, I think we can turn his microphone off."

The first time I had an "eagle," I holed it on a long par 5 from 135 yards. The problem -- I was already laying 5 when I shot it! :)

I have had one eagle in my life. It was in a scramble tournament where we used both shots and my putt on a par 5. I have drove a green on a par 4 twice and missed the putt both times.

After winning the Masters, Phil Mickelson hits up the Krispy Kreme Donut drive-through, still wearing the green jacket...

ept_sports_golf_experts-252363178-1271094633.jpg

After winning the Masters, Phil Mickelson hits Krispy Kreme - Devil Ball Golf - Golf Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)