The Maximum Number Of Event Timers

electronica

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Beavercreek, OH
"Upgraded" from a VIP 922 to a Hopper and 2 Joeys. I have about 20 timers that I am not able to set because I have reached the maximum number of timers. Will this be fixed by a software update? What is the word on the street regarding this problem?

I have 23 working fine. Did you set them up online or with your remote control? Others have reported having this same issue if done thru dish online.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Known issue, in the works. Probably fixed sooner than later, based on the number of complaints.

96 timers, 576 events, IIRC. But it doesn't seem to be actually working that way.

I did have about 40 timers all setup on the Hopper itself. (We had about 60 timers on the 922). Was going through my last 20 timers to setup, and I started to get the max timers message. I started to delete some shows that recently had season finales, and then attempted to add these other timers. I still could not add these timers. I am guessing since these particular shows are kids shows, they are repeated several times over several channels. Even though I only want to record new shows, the DVR sets events for skipped shows too. (e.g. Victorious)

I am up to 38 all setup on the Hopper by picking Record Series option. They show up on Dish-Online and the older (whatever it is called and I prefer) Dish DVR page.

I hit the timer limit on the first night. When I hit 50 the limit message came up. I haven't been able to timer since the first night. I have tried dish ts a couple of times, but all they say is the fix is coming. That is all they ever say. So many canned responses. I even asked to have a new hopper sent out to me, but they rejected that.

I guess I will wait for a fix.

I have 34 timers setup on my hopper and have hit the maximum events limit. I had a few more "single" events setup that recorded and dropped off, I thought perhaps that one completing might allow me to record something else, but it didn't. This is so frustrating, basically a DVR that I can't use to record anything (other than the ones that I created the first day). I really hope this fix is coming soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts