Need help from DIRT no sat signal on the Hopper

tmal14

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I have had the Hopper for a little over a week and everything was working well until last night.

I was watching PTAT and was trying to fast forward and got the pop up about losing your satellite signal, after that all the signals were lost and haven't come back on. I've run a check switch multiple times, and have gone through the acquiring signal screen and it sits at "0 of 5".

I checked all the connections this morning and everything was tight and there were no lose cables. I can still access the recordings on the DVR, but there still isn't any signal at all.

I'm on satellites 61.5, 72, 77 which I think is eastern arc.

I have had the Hopper for a little over a week and everything was working well until last night.

I was watching PTAT and was trying to fast forward and got the pop up about losing your satellite signal, after that all the signals were lost and haven't come back on. I've run a check switch multiple times, and have gone through the acquiring signal screen and it sits at "0 of 5".

I checked all the connections this morning and everything was tight and there were no lose cables. I can still access the recordings on the DVR, but there still isn't any signal at all.

I'm on satellites 61.5, 72, 77 which I think is eastern arc.

I sent you a PM

I did the hard reset, multiple times, and eventually last night everything was up and running again like nothing happened.

We did have a small storm on Sunday night which caused the hopper to lose the signal. Seems the software had a hard time reconnecting after the signal loss. Might be a bug that needs to work out.

I did have signals yesterday evening, but they were only to the latino packages for some reason. Which then caused an error message to pop up telling me I wasn't subscribed to those channels. Another hard reset late last night brought up the correct channels, and as of this morning all my timers are back and the guide data is correct.

Thanks for the suggestion on the hard reset. I was hitting the reset button on the box, but didn't do the hard reset by pulling the plug.

Joey Freeze-up?

The Maximum Number Of Event Timers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)