The Mentalist

Is anyone still following this show? I watch it, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. This is one of those shows you just watch, but you don't know why (we've all had them). What is it about this show that keeps me hooked...nothing else on in that time-slot?...is it Patrick Jane's aloofness and vaudevillian qualities?...Agent Lisbon's hard exterior, soft interior (she blows hot and cold)?...am I being mesmerized via subliminal messages?...or do I just want to spank Agent Van Pelt?;)

In any case, congrats to the shows producers. I still don't think it will last more than two seasons.

In last week Psych episode, Shawn actually mentioned watching the Mentalist with his dad. I thought it was funny. :)

There hasn't been any new episode for a while now, unless my timer is messed up. I am still watching it, but it is not one of those show you watch for storyline. By now I can almost guess the killer about 15 minutes into the show. Just pick the most unlikely person, and he/she is your killer.

There hasn't been any new episode for a while now, unless my timer is messed up. I am still watching it, but it is not one of those show you watch for storyline. By now I can almost guess the killer about 15 minutes into the show. Just pick the most unlikely person, and he/she is your killer.

Agreed, I like it mainly for the chemistry the cast has together. It's nice to watch a few like that to counterbalance shows like Lost, where your brain has to actually work a little.

I still watch this show from time-to-time. Last week was pretty good since a male agent passionately embraced Agent Van Pelt while he was hypnotized...although a spanking would have been more appropriate.:) Anyway, tonght's show was pretty bad as I wound up forwarding through 2/3rds of the episode.

I still watch this show from time-to-time. Last week was pretty good since a male agent passionately embraced Agent Van Pelt while he was hypnotized...although a spanking would have been more appropriate.:) Anyway, tonght's show was pretty bad as I wound up forwarding through 2/3rds of the episode.
I agree.:D
amanda_righetti_11.jpg

Last night's was one of the worst television shows I have ever watched.

My husband and I both love this show. I hope it's come back next year especially since they are talking about canceling Without a Trace and Cold Case.

My husband and I both love this show. I hope it's come back next year especially since they are talking about canceling Without a Trace and Cold Case.
We used to watch Without a Trace and Cold Case, but we've lost interest and haven't watched the past year or two. The ratings for The Mentalist are quite good so I will be very surprised if the show isn't back next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)