The Mentalist

That makes sense, I still have the feeling that the Sunday timeslot has affected the show at least in part, with sports bumping it later, at least one time bumping it to the week after, and with special events like the Oscars, different awards like tonight, etc. sending it to the bench.

If this is the final season, I wonder how they're going to end things?

Doubtful they will. Production is most likely wrapped for the season. Only chance is if they had foresight to film a "just in case" sequence.

Doubtful they will. Production is most likely wrapped for the season. Only chance is if they had foresight to film a "just in case" sequence.

Kind of reminds me of the CSI: NY season finale since they didn't know if the show was being renewed. Then again, perhaps they were already told to wrap-up production and paid to keep quiet. Who knows? But the show gets decent ratings and perhaps they'll cut payroll enough to make it worth running another season. We shall see.

Since this show is a Warner Bros Production, would there be any chance of the program going on in another network in the US ? (Warner Bros has a number of channels in foreign countries). I remember reading that this show won a Monte Carlo award for the drama most watched in the world.

Since this show is a Warner Bros Production, would there be any chance of the program going on in another network in the US ? (Warner Bros has a number of channels in foreign countries). I remember reading that this show won a Monte Carlo award for the drama most watched in the world.

It's possible, but it depends on the specific contract they entered into with CBS. I doubt CBS, or any of the big four networks, would ever enter into an agreement where a series could ever switch to another network the following season. But this is merely speculation. Anyway, the ratings for a Sunday night (10:00 PM) are still good (9M viewer range)...on any network other than CBS. I'll say it again...if this show can keep the budget under the control they'll be back for another season since they have a pretty loyal 8-9M viewers each week. Of course, CBS routinely murders series that are drawing 10M viewers so who knows?

Happened with Medium. NBC dropped it and CBS picked it up since it was their production.

S~

I never realized that factoid since I didn't start watching until probably the 5th season. That makes sense since CBS could make money on both ends...three if you include syndication. I guess my next question is CBS affiliated with Warner Bros? I though Warner Bros was producing Sheen's Anger Management...although I may have that confused with Two and Half Men. Never mind...I just read where The Good Wife is CBS owned whereas The Mentalist is not...that's why The Good Wife is being renewed whereas The Mentalist is predicted to be cancelled.

Okay, let's say The Mentalist is cancelled and Warner Bros is free to shop for a new home. Would anyone be interested in picking-up a six-year old show that is getting a little long in the tooth? I say it's unlikely.

The Mentalist must be popular because on the Cruise ship TV they ran many older shows in multiple dubbed languages on several channels. The dubbed voices were some of the worst efforts ever. Did not sound like professional readers. Lisbon sounded like a little 13 year old girl and Patrick Jane sounded like a Frenchman playboy. Wife and I are fans of the show so we watched in in French and laughed all the way through it.

Deadline: ‘The Mentalist’ Explores New Network Homes In Case CBS Does Not Renew Series

Warner Bros TV, has been quietly shopping the series to other networks, garnering some preliminary interest from broadcast and cable. Taking in a 6-year-old high-end drama is not an easy proposition, but WBTV is ready to explore every possible avenue — that’s how important a property The Mentalist is to the studio with its $2 million-plus-per-episode off-network deal at TNT and big international sales including France, where it is the No. 1 scripted series.

deadline.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts