This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Mentalist

Creator Bruno Heller tells me the show’s upcoming season finale is being written to potentially serve as a series closer as well as work as a set-up for a seventh season. “It will be a very pleasing and satisfying series finale if that’s what happens and if not its a very pleasing and satisfying precursor to a new season,” he says. “Obviously that’s the goal

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/24/the-mentalist-shopped/

Lot's of good information about this show. Hopefully CBS will review it for a 7th season...if not, then perhaps they can be picked-up by ABC or NBC since they have a pretty loyal base of 9M viewers. We shall see.

Lot's of good information about this show. Hopefully CBS will review it for a 7th season...if not, then perhaps they can be picked-up by ABC or NBC since they have a pretty loyal base of 9M viewers. We shall see.
Yes hopefully they will REVIEW it I seem to remember "Mission Impossible" or "It takes a thief" as other con game shows regretfully most of the casts have died to bad the concept didn't.

Yes hopefully they will REVIEW it I seem to remember "Mission Impossible" or "It takes a thief" as other con game shows regretfully most of the casts have died to bad the concept didn't.

Mission Impossible is one of my classic faves, (Barbara Bain...I do remember her I still have some recorded shows) It takes a thief also had some good episodes.

Mission Impossible is one of my classic faves, (Barbara Bain...I do remember her I still have some recorded shows) It takes a thief also had some good episodes.
It's really a shame Robert Wagner has aged to the point he is playing Tony DiNozzos father and still being a con man.

Last edited:
It's really a shame Robert Wagner has aged to the point he is playing Tony DiNozzos father and still being a con man.

That reminds me another actor from back in the day, Robert Vaughn, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. who was recently playing a con man in the BBC Series Hustle.

Yep, they've settled into a routine but Jane now appears to be interested, and a bit jealous, in Lisbon's dating life. I get the feeling this season will end with the two professing their feelings towards one another. If the show is cancelled we, the viewers, are to assume the couple lives happily ever after. If it returns next season, the two acknowledge they cannot have an intimate relationship while partnered together...or this show becomes very Castle-like. We shall see.

"ll Tavolo Bianco: Season 6, Episode 20

Sunday, 4 May 2014 (10:00 PM ET)

"A grand jury must decide if Jane should be tried for Red John's murder; Lisbon tries to see how Jane feels about the possibility of her leaving; Abbot and Cho pursue new leads in the human smuggling ring they uncovered."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3275766/

I'm so confused...hasn't it been more than a year since Jane killed Red John? Why would it take so long for a grand jury to convene? Also, the FBI would not bring Patrick Jane aboard as a consultant with pending murder charges hanging over his head. Moving on...why is Lisbon contemplating leaving the FBI when she just joined? Wasn't she bored with her being the Sheriff of some small town? Seems like the writers are tossing together some Jane-Lisbon romance nonsense for a possible series finale. We shall see.

We´ll see how this Jisbon (Jane-Lisbon) drama develops... as you mentioned earlier, it´s now reminding me of Castle...

Zap2It is now predicting, without a doubt, this show will be cancelled by May 20th. It sure looks that way. The question is...will anyone pick it up next season? Anyway, it's funny how CBS keeps winning Sunday Night and The Mentalist keeps winning its timeslot with around 9M viewers in a crappy 10:00 PM Sunday slot.

"CBS swept every hour on Sunday in viewers with 60 Minutes, THE Amazing Race, THE Good Wife and THE Mentalist, according to Nielsen preliminary live plus same day ratings for April 27...THE Mentalist was first in viewers (8.68m) and adults 25-54 (1.8/04), and tied for first with ABC in adults 18-49 (1.2/03)."

Just shows how little competition there is for viewers eyes while waiting for the news. I just wonder how many NCIS reruns they will show in a week to fill the vacant spaces.

I was just reading zaptoit bubble watch April 27:
NCIS (2.95 to 2.425, -18%), NCIS: Los Angeles (2.575 to 2.3, -11%), Criminal Minds (2.6 to 2.35, -6%), CSI (1.925 to 1.875, -3%), Elementary (1.775 to 1.6, -9%), The Good Wife (1.4 to 1.5, +7%), The Mentalist (1.3 to 1.45, +11.5%)
An underreported Spring story is the recent decline of NCIS (which is not SHIELD related – NCIS was steady at ~3 until The Olympics), taking NCIS:Los Angeles down with it. It isn’t network wide, as Criminal Minds and CSI are basically flat. While Elementary isn’t down much, the average again shows that the modern business realities have caught up to even CBS @10. Meanwhile, no longer airing against the NFL, The Mentalist has a real axe to grind, up more than The Good Wife this Spring without any shock deaths.

And The Mentalist as mentioned by riffjim is still shown as certain to be cancelled, despite the good ratings, and as noted above, having an increase above the Good Wife´s...mmm...

And yes I keep bumping into NCIS repeats at odd times when tuning CBS.

The problem with The Mentalist is three fold: 1) older shows tend to be more costly to produce due mostly because of salary expenses; 2) this show is owned by Warner-Brothers and not CBS and 3) new shows are constantly being produced and it starts making better financial sense to replace the shows long-in-the-tooth. In this case, The Mentalist still has a solid (although not spectacular) ratings in the Sunday 10:00 PM timeslot but, as we've seen, CBS is all about the bottom line.

"....3) new shows are constantly being produced ..."
Yea, I've recently sampled some of those new shows.
Pure crap.
I'm much more comfortable watching a familiar old friend: Mentalist.
New shows take time to build an audience.

...Yea, I've recently sampled some of those new shows. Pure crap.

I won't disagree...unfortunately, The Mentalist is produced by Warner Bros. and CBS is looking to bring-in one of their CBS produced shows to save money and, hopefully, make money down-the-road should the series go into syndication. Now, with a loyal audience of 9+ million viewers will The Mentalist get shopped-around and perhaps find a home on another broadcast or even cable network? We shall see.