The Mentalist

Excellent episode as we finally indirectly learn what LaRoche stashed in the Tupperware container. To be honest, I'm not sure anyone could tell what it was after it had dried, but I actually think more highly of LaRoche after discovering the contents...although you could say he was a mama's boy. ;)

Anyway, next week is the Season Finale and we learn (at least I think we'll find out) who the final seven Red John suspects are. Offhand, I'm hoping Jane finally finds Red John next season. We shall see.

Sound like what we have all been waiting to hear. In a nutshell, we'll find out the seven names and the producer promises that the seven suspects will be investigated and that Red John will be caught next season. Offhand, I get the feeling Lorelei must have a twin. Should be a great episode!

Will the Real Red John Please Step Forward...

The Seven Suspects:

Brett Stiles - the leader of the Visualize Self-Realization Center
Gale Bertram - CBI Chief
Raymond Haffner - CBI Lead Agent
Reede Smith - I don't have a clue who this is?
Bob Kirkland - Homeland Security Agent hunting Red John
Thomas McAllister - Sheriff of something...I vaguely remember him from a past episode (small town?)
Brett Partridge - Forensic Investigator

Okay, can someone fill me in on Reede Smith and Thomas McAllister? Any guesses as to Red John's identity?

Yes Red John is psychic,or he knew Jane's suspects via the Homeland break-in of Jane's room.

I've got several theories, which I will bring up before next season begins, but I'm confident that Red John is bigger than any one individual. I would not be surprised to discovered that several names on the list are RJ's accomplices. We shall see.

Any hunches as to Red John's identity?

Brett Stiles - he has the charm and charisma needed to get a horde of minions doing his bidding but: 1) IMO is too old to commit these murders 2) his age does not fit that of a young Red John staying at the Red Barn 3) RJ has a high-pitched playful voice when we heard him speak years ago and 3) in a past episode Jane bitch-slapped Stiles...which RJ never would have tolerated.

Gale Bertram - he comes off as a bumbling doofus but, just like a Detective Columbo, he must be good at something since he's the CBI Chief. Although he could hide him plain site based on his position, like Stikes he's is a bit long-in-the-tooth and I doubt Bertram could seduce the ladies to do his bidding. Very unlikely since he also does not have a high-pitched voice.

Raymond Haffner - fits a lot of the criteria...handsome, powerful position with inside knowledge, possibly worked at the Red Barn and knew RJ. Possible candidate.

Reede Smith - who is this guy? Based on his photo, I doubt he could make woman swoon and commit/cover-up murder for him. An unknown, unlikely.

Bob Kirkland - possible candidate IMO...has almost as many qualifications going for him as Ray Haffner.

Tom McAllister - he was in a very early episode and I don't recall a lot of details. On the surface, it seems unlikely that a small town Sheriff would have the cumming, resources and skills needed to be RJ. Slightly more credible candidate than Smith.

Brett Partridge - he seems to be everyone favorite candidate lately based on his position (forensics expert close to the crimes), his high-pitched voice, and his slender physique around 6ft. tall. Offhand, I cannot see him having power over a brood of broads, and he certainly seemed to backdown when Jane challenged him in past episodes.

My take - as I've already maintained, Red John is less about a person than it is about a network of people. I think more than one candidate are on the list and that people who have met Red John have met a one of the RJs. Perhaps this Red John Network was forced at the Red Barn many years ago and the leader is not on the list or it is done by consensus. I think Bertram, Haffner, Smith, Kirkland and Partridge are all involved. That's why Red John appears to be omnipotent. We shall see.

The Seven Suspects:

Gale Bertram - CBI Chief
Thomas McAllister - Sheriff of something...I vaguely remember him from a past episode (small town?)
Brett Partridge - Forensic Investigator

Okay, can someone fill me in on Reede Smith and Thomas McAllister? Any guesses as to Red John's identity?

I will assume this will be the final season once they nap Red John. However, I'm getting the vibe that Jane will nap Red John early in the season. If the show gets good ratings without the Red John plot, then it will be back for another season. If not, then CBS will wrap things up this season. We shall see.

The Desert Rose: Sunday, 29 September 2013 (10:00 PM ET)

"The team investigates the murder of a man who was missing for two years, as Jane and Lisbon continue their secret mission of narrowing down the list of Red John suspects."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2801444/

[MARQ]* * * * * Season Premiere * * * Season Premiere * * * Season Premiere * * * * *[/MARQ]

The [strike]Seven[/strike] Six Suspects:

Now that Brett Partridge met Red John (i.e., dead as a door nail) there are only six suspects left as it appears Red John now has Lisbon. I thought it was pretty creepy how Jane had to interact with Partridge and Bertram while on the job. Anyway, the team now knows about 'The List' so their lives too are in danger. Should be an interesting "Hunt for Red John in October." ;)

Gale Bertram - CBI Chief
[strike]Brett Partridge - Forensic Investigator[/strike]

Does anyone remember who these people are and why they may be Red John?

Reede Smith - who is this guy? Based on his photo, I doubt he could make woman swoon and commit/cover-up murder for him. An unknown, unlikely.

Tom McAllister - he was in a very early episode and I don't recall a lot of details. On the surface, it seems unlikely that a small town Sheriff would have the cumming, resources and skills needed to be RJ. Slightly more credible candidate than Smith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts