The Michael J. Fox Show

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Could to see him back on his own show. Airs Thursdays as part of NBC's comedy block.

S~

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but NBC is in for a bitter disappointment if they are expecting viewers to tune-in to the Michael J. Fox Show. Younger people don't know who Michael J. Fox was/is and older folks find it painful to watch him fumble through scene after scene. A lot of people will tune-in for old times sake, but they will quickly tune-out because and try to remember him as he was in Family Ties, Spin City, Back to the Future and even Doc Hollywood. He's just not funny and quirky after his handicap.

I'm sorry, but NBC is in for a bitter disappointment if they are expecting viewers to tune-in to the Michael J. Fox Show. Younger people don't know who Michael J. Fox was/is and older folks find it painful to watch him fumble through scene after scene. A lot of people will tune-in for old times sake, but they will quickly tune-out because and try to remember him as he was in Family Ties, Spin City, Back to the Future and even Doc Hollywood. He's just not funny and quirky after his handicap.

I realize that I am in the minority but my family is really looking forward to this show. My dad is suffering from parkinson's and has had two brain surgeries in the last year after the medicine he was on for 12 years became ineffective. In the last 2 years he went from being a retired man who golfed 3 to 4 days a week to someone who can no longer drive and has a hard time even walking some days. He is also already in the early stages of dementia at only 62 years old.

All of Michael J. Fox's efforts towards parkinson's awareness and research has made my family big fans of his. Just for that reason alone we will be tuning in to give it a chance. I'm not convinced it will be terrible. I thought his time on Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty great even if it was brief. If the show is terrible we won't stick with it just because of his parkinson's work but it has earned anything he does a shot in my house.

I do realize that none of this holds any meaning for most of America and I will understand if it is quickly canceled like most other NBC shows.

I wasn't aware that he was all that popular with the Good Wife.

While I used to enjoy watching him, I really don't now because it is painful to watch him work around his disabilities. I get to see that in real life often enough to not want to watch it on TV.
?

I realize that I am in the minority but my family is really looking forward to this show. My dad is suffering from parkinson's and has had two brain surgeries in the last year after the medicine he was on for 12 years became ineffective. In the last 2 years he went from being a retired man who golfed 3 to 4 days a week to someone who can no longer drive and has a hard time even walking some days. He is also already in the early stages of dementia at only 62 years old.

I feel your pain!

I had a friend that had Parkinson's and he and I used to walk the golf course often as the doctors told him that excercise would slow down the progress of the disease. I think it did, but in the end he got to where he couldn't play at all and I missed him on the golf course. It was painful to watch the progression, especially since he and I were about the same age and it reminded me of my own mortality.
?

Step-dad (part of the family since 1972) developed Parkinson's in 5-6 years ago along with diabetes and congestive heart failure, all within one year. We love him to death, but he is not the same person as he once was; nice guy, but no drive/spark/fire like he used to possess. As much as I respect MJF for the work he has done for the Parkinson's community, his comedic timing when delivering his smart alex (pun intended) comments just isn't there IMO. Having said that, I do enjoy seeing him in guess roles in shows like Boston Legal and The Good Wife. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear his show is going to be cancelled quickly. We shall see.

All of Michael J. Fox's efforts towards parkinson's awareness and research has made my family big fans of his. Just for that reason alone we will be tuning in to give it a chance. I'm not convinced it will be terrible. I thought his time on Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty great even if it was brief. If the show is terrible we won't stick with it just because of his parkinson's work but it has earned anything he does a shot in my house.

I do realize that none of this holds any meaning for most of America and I will understand if it is quickly canceled like most other NBC shows.

I don't think that the public will feel comfortable watching Michael J. Fox suffer through the parkinson's disease tics and gyrations . I don't see it going but a few episodes before cancellation.

It would of been funnier if they could of gotten his parents from Family Ties to be on instead. Maybe get his old sisters to be on too. Imagine how funny that would of been.

It would of been funnier if they could of gotten his parents from Family Ties to be on instead. Maybe get his old sisters to be on too. Imagine how funny that would of been.
Especially if he was in his Burt Gummer role :D

BurtGummer_zps8c29be34.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)