The Munsters Revamped

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
NBC has ordered a pilot for the Munsters. Recent revamps (Wonder Woman, Charlie's Angels, etc.) have all failed, except for CBS's second go at Hawaii 5-0 remake. I don't see it succeeding.

NBC Orders

S~

I never cared for Munsters to begin with. I was an Addams Family guy.

True, but the darker Batman was more in line with the comics than was the campier TV series.

Well, I was just joking with you, but since you bring it up...

The batman comics of the '60s were a LOT campier and that is what the 66 TV show was playing off of. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns came out in the mid-80s and painted a much darker and serious Batman. That is the one that the '90s movies patterned. The latest series went darker still and more action oriented.

So, how does that relate to The Munsters? The Munsters never had a real comic franchise (although there were a few comics done to capitalize on the TV show) It was always camp and always intended to be a comedy. Just look at the cast. The setup was absurd from the start and I have no idea how they would make it anything darker and not have it be a train wreck.

Could make an argument for Star Trek. TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. I suppose you could also make the argument that those were all spin-offs as well.

Spin-offs yes, but this is not a spin off. It just shows how Hollywood is bankrupt with good original ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)