The Need for SPEED (HD) -- Launches Thursday

flyingsquirrel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
The official Launch for Speed HD is THIS THURSDAY. All their Daytona programming will be in HD. And several shows, including PINKS, Barret-Jackson, etc., have been shooting in HD for a while, so there will be at least some other Real HD content.

But will SPEED be in HD on Dish this week? I am going to go out on a limb and say "Yes." Otherwise, why would Dish be spending all of that money on Cars, etc. The Dish logo would look a lot better in HD!

Comments? Predictions?

I hope you're right, but not having seen any Speed HD uplink activity, I'm doubtful.

if i remember correctly a few weeks after SciFi and USA were uplinked there were 3 HD channels uplinked with non descript names. I don't know if there were any content being fed on those channels (Digiblur would know) but they could very well have been testing Speed there (for that matter SciFi and USA could have been testing there also). So maybe with an official launch of a channel that many have said Dish would carry day-one of official launch will prompt them to turn on a few more.

so now on this site u have to pay to hear another rumor:.sounds like something dish would pull'''''

You don't have to pay to hear the rumor. You just have to pay to hear it sooner. Besides, in the month I've been reading this site regularly it's more than justified paying to support it. IMHO paying what boils down to less than $2/month to do my part to keep this place up and running is well worth it.

I really hope that this rumor is true because I am seriously debating on Dish Network being installed as I can't get Directv to install HD at my house due to a no line of sight.

I would not get your hopes up; for a channel that hasn't even launched, to be a day 1 launch on Dish. Just because they have a car sponsorship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts