The Need for SPEED (HD) -- Launches Thursday

Don't forget that Dish sat out the first week of the MLB playoffs with TBS-HD and finally caved in. Much to their regret.

There's a bright side. Next month, when E* signs up 75% less new subs than D*, you still won't have the HD channels you want, but they'll probably offer free showtime for 3 years.....errr, 3 years for 3 pennies:D

For now, they'll keep you excited by uplinking some slates like they did with some big market fox sports channels a few months ago.:(

Last edited:
the d* tv car just took out 6 cars in the bud shoot out practice !!!!!!!
would have look good in HD ,COME ON DISH GET WITH IT!!!!!!!!!

the d* tv car just took out 6 cars in the bud shoot out practice !!!!!!!
would have look good in HD ,COME ON DISH GET WITH IT!!!!!!!!!

That is strange it looks like the alltel car did it. But I agree HD would look a lot better.

p3829126t130.jpg

Coming to you in HD, but only on D*, who, BTW, sponsors nothing in NASCAR.
Shows you know nothing about Nascar! Clint Boyer O7 is sponsered by D* Not as Minor as you think since Direct is a RCR sponcer. They Also had Directv Race as well , Directv 500,at Martinsville last year. and don't forget about Nascar Hot pass!

Last edited:
Direct was a primary sponser of the 07 for a few races last year as well. They had a special paint job and all. Direct is also a official sponser for NASCAR itself. I cant remember exactly how it worked but they signed something to have exclusive rights with NASCAR and provide equipment to them. Ever notice how every pit wagon has a direct dish? Thats why. I was really surprised last year that they allowed Dish to sponser the Roush camp without more of a fuss.

Maybe a hint why Dish doesn't have Speed HD yet. I was watching Trackside tonight and they were advertising "DirecTV Speedweeks" talking about all the HD that Speed is gonna have during Speedweeks with a big logo.

The Directv 500 at Martinsville is a deal between the track promoter and Directv, NASCAR has nothing to do with that, Directv is listed as an "official partner of NASCAR", so apparently they havent shelled out enough money to guarantee exclusivity or to be the Official Satellite Company of NASCAR, but the biggest reason companies do that is to be able to use the NASCAR logo in their advertising. Sunoco doesnt have exclusivity neither and they are the Official fuel of NASCAR, but Shell is the primary sponsor of the 29...the only thing that NASCAR made them do was reduce the size of the Shell logo on Harvicks car. Now as far as the "Directv speedweeks" deal that is also a deal with Directv and the ISC (the company who owns Daytona International Speedway) Pepsi used to be the official soft drink of Daytona International Speedway, up until this year..they had exclusivity with the track so you could not buy a Coke product anywhere in the facility...so what did Coke do a couple of years ago? They sponsored like 12 cars that were in the Pepsi 400 at DIS...what Dish needs to do is if DirecTV sponsors another race is outfit all the Roush cars in Dish Network wraps...that would be cool

Last edited:
DIS...what Dish needs to do is if DirecTV sponsors another race is outfit all the Roush cars in Dish Network wraps...that would be cool
Why so Clint Boyer can smoke the Entire Roush Race team like last year! Roush Sucks !! Hendrick and RCR ,anyone else is a disappointment in Nascar. The best Driver on the entire Roush team is Matt Kenseth,and Wheres he starting tonight ?? NOWHERE !!

Last edited:
Hey I am no Roush fan...I am a Smoke fan see here..
tstewartdepotphotos - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But, Matt Kenseth isnt even in the Bud Shootout, even if her were you couldnt take starting position to prove anything, they qualified by a blind draw and the car wasnt even involved...
I believe that Carl Edwards is the best driver in the Roush camp, but hey, they are in Fords, they aint got much to work with

Hey I am no Roush fan...I am a Smoke fan see here..
tstewartdepotphotos - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But, Matt Kenseth isnt even in the Bud Shootout, even if her were you couldnt take starting position to prove anything, they qualified by a blind draw and the car wasnt even involved...
I meant it to be sarcastic. Because he's not even in the shootout, because he sucks. I know starting postion means nothing,But it means something when you have to watch the race from his couch!

I guess all the Dish subs now knows how us Directv subs felt last year when we on had a hand full of HD channels and Dish had around 40.

Its nice to have all these HD channels.
Dish subs, jump on over to Directv.

Speed HD is looking good right now.
Directv also has Nascar Hotpass in HD this year.

I meant it to be sarcastic. Because he's not even in the shootout, because he sucks. I know starting postion means nothing,But it means something when you have to watch the race from his couch!

I'm a Smoke fan, but in defense of Kenseth, how many times has he missed the Chase? How many times has Smoke missed the Chase? And how many fans did he alienate by his switch to YoYo? You may not like the guy, but he by no means "sucks". He's one of the best drivers out there!

I'm a Smoke fan, but in defense of Kenseth, how many times has he missed the Chase? How many times has Smoke missed the Chase? And how many fans did he alienate by his switch to YoYo? You may not like the guy, but he by no means "sucks". He's one of the best drivers out there!
Compaired to my Driver Jimmy Johnson ??? Your kidding right !!! Good luck to you and Roush!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts