THE NEW 72.5 SATELLITE LOCALS THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanswx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Champaign, IL
I was browsing around and ran across this site that shows several switches as well as dates that each city will supposedly be getting their locals:

* September 28, 2004 - Toledo, OH
* October 5, 2004 - Champaign, IL; Tri-Cities, TN; Ft. Wayne, IN
* October 12, 2004 - Cedar Springs, IA; Evansville, IN; Peoria, IL; Johnstown, PA; Waco, TX; Chattanooga, TN; Columbia, MO; Boise, ID
* October 19, 2004 - Davenport, IA; Charleston, SC; Travers City, MI; Sioux Falls, SD; Youngstown, OH; Burlington, VT; Ft. Smith, AR; Wausau, WI

Anyone in Toledo see their locals pop up yet today? :) I'm in Champaign, so maybe next week? Anyway, here's the link to the site that has equipment info:

http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/localmarket_01.asp

Does anyone know if DirecTV will be providing the 2nd dish for free? I want to be able to get my locals going as soon as they're up, but don't want to wait around for DirecTV to send the dish. Of course since I didn't do professional installation, they probably won't provide me with a new dish anyways. eBay, here I come! :)

-Stan

I wonder if we go ahead and buy the equipment if they will be able to credit us somehow? I really don't want to wait on DirecTV's schedule. :)

-Stan

what is the link to the place that showed u when those place's will be getting there locals

Syracuse locals?

anybody have an idea when syracuse locals will be ready. It is listed on directv site in the group of the other cities being ready in 2004 but not listed on the link supplied on here.

Syracuse locals have been pushed back to October 12, 2004. If you are only using SD you'll need a second 18" dish and special 4x4 or 4x8 switch. If you have an 18x20 dish you will need a 6x8 switch.

The following information is for all 72.5 satellite local channel customers! Very few receivers will work with the 72.5 satellite. Out of the box SD STB's are only the DIRECTV D10's, HD STB's are only the Toshiba DST-3100's and RCA DTC-210.

Only the following STB's can be upgraded to work with the 72.5 bird, after a software download (which you will automatically get after 24 hours of activation)and they are:
HR10-250, GAEBOA, GCEBOA, HAH-SA, HBH-SA, HDVR2, HTL-HD, SD-DVR40, 80 and 120, SD-HBH, LSS-3200, DRD430RG, DRD430RGA, DRD435RH, DRD450RH, DRD450RG, DRD450RGA, DRD455RH. No other STB will work.

I have the following special deals for satelliteguys forum members:

1 18" dish w/4x4 switch $95.00, use ordering code 18-4x4
1 18" dish w/4x6 switch $185.00, use ordering code 18-4x6
1 18" dish w/4x8 switch $245.00, use ordering code 18-4x8

As an additional courtesy, you may add as many D10 STB's as you like for $35. each and each D10 must be activated with 30 days to avoid a $135. non-activation charge-back.

Shipping is $9. to anywhere in the USA

My locals are on 119, but if they were on 72.5, and I have the Phase III dish, then my Samsung 40 hr directivo wouldn't be compatible?

so my hd sir ts360 and phase III dish won't work to get my syracuse locals? What is my best option? I still have my old 18" dish to use if needed.

Ok... I like that 2 distributors have confirmed the dates... I'm not happy that my DMA is one of the lasts to go... but... whatchagonnado...

Here is what I want to know. I have an old Series 1 DSR6000R DirecTivo, a VERY old RCA (one of those big ugly kind) and a Phase III dish.

Robert, I didn't see the DSR6000R listed anywhere as being able to see the 72.5 bird. Does this mean D* will replace it?

I'm positive the old RCA STB will need to be swapped, as it only receives 101 now anyway.

What am I looking at out-of-pocket here? I'll be a bit angry if I have to buy equipment to view my locals.

Any ideas???

Casey

Another City

What happened to Springfield, MO? It originally was thought to be on the 28th I'm guessing it was moved.

eckman, you will need the 18" dish and a 6x8 switch.

no25, yes we will have 6x8 but I don't have the cost yet.

Spin, Springfield Mo is on for October 12, 2004

does anybody know if I start getting the locals can I still get the network HD feeds that I have waivers for?

Local Channels Syracuse

I have a wineguard 18' dish with 2 philips multisatellite receivers. Am I going to need a second dish? I just had everything installed last month? I really do not want a second dish? Do I have options?

Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)