THE NEW 72.5 SATELLITE LOCALS THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I will just wait till I get the switch and test it again. I will update the thread when I get it. Thanks for the info.

-Stan

i was told by someone at solid signal and has not been vertified as yet but for the locals to work u may need to have the 6 x 8 switch to get them. if so i would call directv as soon as possible to get the equipment ordered. as u have to buy the switch i am thinking it will be in the 100.00 to 150.00 dollar range.

good luck and happy hunting :)

johninillinois said:
i was told by someone at solid signal and has not been vertified as yet but for the locals to work u may need to have the 6 x 8 switch to get them. if so i would call directv as soon as possible to get the equipment ordered. as u have to buy the switch i am thinking it will be in the 100.00 to 150.00 dollar range.

good luck and happy hunting :)

We sell the new flexport 6x8 switch to forum members for $89.99 plus 6.75 shipping and they are in stock for immediate delivery.

Where on your website is it? I don't need one but wanted to see a picture of it.

Instant messaging..

With all the locals coming out, I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in chatting on the instant messengers about it? (or that blasted 3.1.1d bug) Let me know, here's my screen names:

AOL: k9swx
MSN: k9swx@hotmail.com
Yahoo: k9swx@yahoo.com

Thanks!

-Stan

nubossman said:
What Is Up With Syracuse Ny. When Will We Get Local And What Will We Need?

Don't take this as an attack, but what's up with the capitalization of each word? Just curious.

Casey

I will be getting syracuse locals. I have waviers for fox and abc so when both of the channels go HD(abc & fox) will i still get the HD even though i will be getting the locals?

I called DTV tonight and asked them what info they had about locals becoming available Tuesday and if my DirecTivo's would work. She wanted to know how I found out about this, but she wouldn't confirm if it was true. She told me to call back Tuesday and if the locals were available, she would set up an appointment to have the second dish installed(I hate the idea of 2 dishes). What I forgot to ask about was the multiswitch. Right now I'm using a single dish with a dual LNB through a 4x4 multiswitch connecting to both inputs on 2 DirecTivos. Does any one know if the second dish will require a dual LNB and if my 4x4 multiswitch will work, I think that's what I'll need, so correct me if I'm wrong.

The second dish should only require a single LNB since it's only receiving 72.5. Your 4X4 should work fine. Is your 4X4 a 3 satellite 1 OTA?

Neutron said:
The second dish should only require a single LNB since it's only receiving 72.5. Your 4X4 should work fine. Is your 4X4 a 3 satellite 1 OTA?

I was wrong, I just went and looked at it. I have a 3x4, 2 Sat and 1 OTA inputs with 4 outputs. Looks like I'll need a new one, which I believe DTV is supplying?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)