The New Girl

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I downloaded the pilot of The New Girl, the new show with Zooey Deschanel, on iTunes. This show is very funny. The pilot was very well done, and caused my wife and I to laugh out loud several times. Of course, its on Fox, so it probably will not last, but definitely worth recording.

Thanks for the posting, I'm downloading the pilot from iTunes as I type. I'm looking forward to this one, Zooey Deschanel is one of my favorites!

Te d-bag jar was an amusing touch but otherwise it was just a little too cute for me. But remember that when Friends debuted i thought that it would last 13 weeks and that no one would miss it or even remember it.

Te d-bag jar was an amusing touch but otherwise it was just a little too cute for me. But remember that when Friends debuted i thought that it would last 13 weeks and that no one would miss it or even remember it.

LOL -- I don't think it lives up to the potential of Friends or a handful of other top sitcoms, but for a pilot episode, I thought it was funny. We'll see if they can maintain the humor over 5 or 6 weeks, nevertheless 13 or 22.

Schmidt: Let's just take all of the "Lord of the Ring" references and put them in a deep, dark cave where no one will ever find them.

Jess: Except Smegol.
That was my favorite! :D

I kinda like it. There were some parts that seemed kinda corny but other parts that seemed good. I just hope they can develop the show right to make something of it. I think it could go either way. It is almost like the modern 3's Company only reversed with another person.

I liked it to, the wife said she thought it was more of a "Girl show" I must admit I liked the ide of the docuhe bag jar :)

I was telling my wife can't really remember we watched a fox show

Drew more than 10 million viewers, even with the free download 1 week prior to the premiere. Squeeked out a win in it's timeslot for 18-49 year-olds.

S~

I popped in and out while the wife was watching New Girl, she still likes it though she does not like the guy who I guess is taking over in the spot that Damon wayne jr was playing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

We're keeping the timer for this show. My wife and I both enjoyed the wedding episode Tuesday night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)