The new UI finally makes it to my home

But our language, you know, the one that we use is what we are used to using. We usually list things beginning with the number 1 and go down from there. It makes perfect sense to use what the vast majority know how to use. Of course there is an option to change that to go the other way should you prefer that....

Yeah, I am not saying it isn't what we are used to, and I am not saying it is illogical from that perspective. I just don't think it is inherently more logical.

Another problem I had on my original hopper for two days now (since I got the update) is it keeps restoring some (but not all) of trashed videos. I emptied trash today to see if that straightens it out. At least when it restores a program I can see I have watched it easily. I find this annoying to delete (or trash if you like) them multiple times.

I emptied trash yesterday and with an empty trash videos still restored around 10 or so, some have been trashed a couple times and remember the trash was emptied. Not enjoying this update to my hopper1 at all so far.

As far as having channel up / down in the guide matching channel up / down while channel surfing, I can see one advantage: it makes it easier for people who are illiterate. They may not be able to read the name or channel number, but they know that if they are on channel x, and press the up arrow a certain number of times, they end up on channel y. Of course, one would have to wonder why an illiterate person would be using the EPG, but I guess the logos in the guide help them recognize the channels they want.

I just got the new interface two days ago. In general it seems fine, but not knowing that Prime Time Anytime was on by default caused one of my timers to be skipped. My big problem is that off-air recordings have horribly choppy audio and occasionally scrambled video. Recordings using the satellite tuners work fine. I remember a year or two ago one of the software updates introduced a bug that caused lousy off-air recordings. That bug was eventually fixed. Now, with the new software, it seems to be back. Is anyone else having this problem? Has it been reported to Dish? If not, what is the most effective way for me to report it?

I just got the new interface two days ago. In general it seems fine, but not knowing that Prime Time Anytime was on by default caused one of my timers to be skipped. My big problem is that off-air recordings have horribly choppy audio and occasionally scrambled video. Recordings using the satellite tuners work fine. I remember a year or two ago one of the software updates introduced a bug that caused lousy off-air recordings. That bug was eventually fixed. Now, with the new software, it seems to be back. Is anyone else having this problem? Has it been reported to Dish? If not, what is the most effective way for me to report it?

It’s a problem that’s been around into the new CUI off and on in different updates. Although it can be hit and miss with who is affected and with what update.

I also miss being able to see the size in GB of recorded shows.

For me this is a big deal, another Dish Capriciously Removed Feature™. For example, I have several series recorded from AHC that I haven't yet watched. Since recording them AHC has gone HD, and there's seemingly no way I can tell which shows should be re-recorded.

Last edited:
Reactions: salyavin
For me this is a big deal, another Dish capriciously removed feature™. For example, I have several series recorded from AHC that I haven't yet watched. Since recording them AHC has gone HD, and there's seemingly no way I can tell which shows should be re-recorded.
If all of your SD recordings were from before AHC went HD, couldn't you tell which ones they are by looking at the date when they were recorded?

I sometimes see recordings that end up being 9gig even if not too long, that is significant so one wants to watch and delete that soon or rerecord it, a rerecord may be say 1.2gig. So it is not just HD/SD. Not an everyday thing and not a total emergency but it helped me manage space more easily.

Reactions: pattykay
Even on my 722, the only way I know to view space used on a recording is when managing/transfering to/from my EHD. Is there another way I'm unaware of?

-The old UI you could see how many GB you had remaining on your Hard Drive. I am not seeing where I can get that info. Is this feature gone?

-I CAN'T be the only one who does this...I have recorded the same episode multiple times and end up keeping the one that uses the least amount of hard drive space. You could select the program, click edit, and it would show the size of the recording in GB. There's no 'edit' when you select the program on the new UI. Is this gone?

Anyone have the answers to this??

Reactions: salyavin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)