The ole Upgrade question...need advice

MrDRC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Way South via the Northern Lands
I've been subscribed to Dish for 5 years now. I have the RCA 6000 receiver W/both the modules plus 2 2800's. Everything I have is legacy...SW64, Dish 500 with Dual LNB's and another dish pointing at 61.5 with single LNB. I dont have a DVR but used the Panasonic Showstoppers (no fee's) for recording purposes. Unfortunately both are now dead. I dont want to fool with them anymore so I guess its time for new equipment. I currently subscribe to the 180 level plus the original HD package without the MPEG4 stuff of course or Voom.

I hate leasing, I would rather own my equipment but I dont think I can upgrade to what I need and own everything.

Here's what I want...

1- Dual Tuner HD with DVR (622?)
2- Dual Tuner SD with DVR (625?)
3- Single Tuner SD with DVR (????)

I know I can buy the 625 and 622 but what can I buy new as a single tuner DVR? When I log into Dish I have upgrade offers but all are lease packages and unless Im missing something I just dont think they are worth it. My current receivers still work fine after 5 years but I dont have DVR and I would like to get a dual tuner for my HD receiver since it also feeds another TV in an adjoining room (non-HD).

I also need to move my dish. Ive already run all the RG6 to the new dish location and have my own termination hardware and crimper. Im pretty handy with stuff like that but I have no way of aligning the dish. I was thinking of finding a local installer but I suppose I need new dishpro LNB's and new switches.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

So do you have to have new ?
If not, for the dual tuner HD, no need for mpeg 4, you could try the 942, it's pretty stable nowadays and a good receiver , single tuner DVR sd you could try the 501/508 they have no DVR fee, or the 510 which does.
There are people selling these in the satelliteguys classifieds, less risk, or you could try eBay..
I am not an expert on all the permutations on sats and receivers but maybe my stab at it will generate the traffic you are looking for :D
as you are trying to connect 3 Sat's and 5 tuners (only 3 receivers) i would think your best option would be a single DPP44 with DP LNb's.
anyway over to the rest of the "experts" out there. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)