Problem with only 1 receiver

NEOSG

Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
East Amherst, NY
Every now and then my 6000 receiver will seem to drop signal and say searching for sat signal. At the same time, my 211 and 811 can get a signal AOK on the same channel that I was trying to tune in with the 6000 when it reported a problem. They are all connected to a 34 switch and 2 dishes hitting 110/119 and 61.5

If I wait it out, usually in a few minutes the 6000 comes back online.

Any suggestions as to where to start troubleshooting?

NEOSG

Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
East Amherst, NY
dirkleearm said:
Switch ports on the 34 switch = test 34. Swap rx locations = test cabling. No difference = rx problem.

Sounds like a plan. I'll swap some stuff around and see if the problem moves with the receiver or stays with the switch port.

rich88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 17, 2006
Check your connector on the "Satellite In" port.

If the "white" part of the cable drops back down into the connector, it can cause interuptions in the signal.

You can usually just push the connector further down onto the cable until the "white" part is flush again with the opening.

A lot of times that is all it that is wrong.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
NEOSG said:
Sounds like a plan. I'll swap some stuff around and see if the problem moves with the receiver or stays with the switch port.
Do you have a DP adapter on the 6000? You will have to move that also to check different locations. My first guess would be tuner in the 6000 getting old.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)