The one after nine thousand, nine hundred, ninetynine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was the original idea, but then I would have to get a "life". Unfortunately, some days, coming here is the highlight of my day. Besides, they would miss my colorful insight in the sports threads.:rolleyes: Especially my "Daze of our Lion's" tirades!

Yep. Nobody is better at trashing the Etroit Lions than you:

"How to go lose 16 games in 16 easy steps"

Chapter 11:

OK, so you have an early lead. The thing to remember is not to panic. There is still plenty of time to blow this. Stick to your game plan and eventually things will correct themselves. Remember the three "P's" - PUNTS, PICKS, and PENALTIES. Don't forget about special teams, you can give away 6 pts. in one play, over and over again, with minimal effort. Other useful methods include missed tackles, and running the wrong route.

Now that you have blown the lead, it's time to get back to your core strengths - getting penalties, dropping passes, and making a lot of three-and-outs. Keep your eye on the prize.

By the numbers -

2 - the number of times we have reached Thanksgiving winless. 0-9 in 2001. It was a long road (7 yrs.), but we made it!

111.2 - Opposing QB's cumulative passer rating against the LIONS. The league leader entering yesterday's game was Kurt Warner -102.4 It would be higher if he played the LIONS.

17 - The LION'S lead after the first quarter.

14:49 - Time that it took to get that lead.

12:11 - Time that it took to lose that lead.

35 - Consecutive pts. they gave up.

299 - Return yds. (and 2 TD's) by the Bucs on interceptions, kickoff and punt returns.

Quotes of the week -

#1 - Duante Culpepper, when he was asked if the LIONS lacked "swagger" - "Swagger is no matter what the score is, you play the same way".

If that's the case, the LIONS have it in spades. They've been playing the same way for decades.

#2 - John Gruden after the game - "We can't fall behind 17-0 and expect to beat an NFL team".

Fortunately for you John, you weren't playing an NFL team.

Classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts