Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
The only 100% HD Service/Dish Network

Turbo HD Gold
100%HD-- Over 65 channels of the best high definition entertainment
Add Platinum to any package
*restrictions apply
And remember when we add more HD Programining------you won't get it:neener:neener:neener:neener:neener:neener

The only 100% HD Service/Dish Network

Turbo HD Gold
100%HD-- Over 65 channels of the best high definition entertainment
Add Platinum to any package
*restrictions apply
And remember when we add more HD Programining------you won't get it:neener:neener:neener:neener:neener:neener
Everytime I think about it, I get angry all over again.

Same here, and when my kids said(when we dropped Comcast)we lost MTV and Nick, my reply was that they would be added soon, now not only do I feel that I was ripped, but my kids also. I know that I assumed before I knew the facts, but I almost feel that I lied to them

I have to admit I'm disappointed that Dish isn't giving TurboHD folks the same channels that the add on HD equivalent packages get. I've considered upgrading from my TurboHD Bronze to the Silver or Gold, but figured I'd wait till they added some channels that I really want. I actually assumed they would add Comedy Central to the TurboHD Bronze since it comes with the Bronze 100 package. I was glad that I was right in that assumption. I also assumed they would add a couple of the channels to each of the TurboHD packages so that each package would get channels that the lower package didn't. I was really surprised to be wrong about that. At this point I have no real reason to upgrade my package to a higher level of TurboHD.

To be honest I'm fairly well satisfied with my package and price. I'm at $52 per month plus taxes for 2 HD and 2 SD connections with DVR for all 4. The adding of the 3 Viacom channels was really just a nice perk for me since I had missed Stewart, Colbert, and South Park since I came to Dish and got the TurboHD. In the end I'm saving $35 per month over my Directv bill and have 90% of the channels I like. But I'd really be pissed today if I was paying for TurboHD Gold and was left out of the other channels. I know why so many of you are not happy and this is why Dish will continue to lose subs unless they make the packages simpler and more uniform.

I have to admit I'm disappointed that Dish isn't giving TurboHD folks the same channels that the add on HD equivalent packages get. I know why so many of you are not happy and this is why Dish will continue to lose subs unless they make the packages simpler and more uniform.

You are soooooo right----- I signed up for Turbo Gold and added the Platinum to cover my butt if any new HD was added and here I sit feeling like I am getting my prostate checked again

You are soooooo right----- I signed up for Turbo Gold and added the Platinum to cover my butt if any new HD was added and here I sit feeling like I am getting my prostate checked again
I am too young to have had one of those exams yet, but if this is what they are like, I am pretty damn scared...

my reply was that they would be added soon...but I almost feel that I lied to them
Your 'soon' is sooner than Charlie's 'soon'. Just teach them about the broad usage of the word soon, and they'll have a realistic understanding of the world they live in. Hopefully when you say 'soon' to them it will mean more than others.

Bye Dish

(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I'll be happy to help you with your question today. Is there a particular reason that you are inquiring about canceling your service?
Milton Richards lll: Because the new HD channels that were put on line today are not offered to me
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I understand your concern, we do continually evaluate are programming so the channel lineups are subject to change.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: You currently have a 24 month commitment from when you had signed up on 1/18/09, so there is approximately 22 months left in the commitment. The cancellation fee would be $220, or $10 for each month left in the commitment.
Milton Richards lll: That is why I signed up for the Turbo HD paks, I assumed that the channels would be added to them
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I do apologize about the inconvenience, we did add some of the channels that were added today to those packages, but unfortunately at this time all of the channels are not available in the TurboHD packages.
Milton Richards lll: 220.00, thats not bad
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: We do look to change the packages as we continue to evaluate them , but I do not have any further information at this time.
Milton Richards lll: Thanks for your info, guess I'll contact the local installer and have the equipment returned. Have a good day
Milton Richards lll: Take care
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I understand your frustration and do apologize about that.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I can offer $5 off of your service for 10 months if that would change your intentions on canceling your services?
Milton Richards lll: Thats not your problem as a person, it's Dish Network
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: I understand.
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Milton Richards lll: Yopur just making a living
Milton Richards lll: Sorry for the spelling
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great day!
Milton Richards lll: You too
(23-12-3) Jeremy B.: Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts