The Orville on Hulu

If he did, I don't remember it.
That was one of the main reasons that Orville moved to Hulu or was looking for a Streaming Service so that MacFarlane was not constrained by network "time slot" restrictions to effectively convey a complete and not adjusted storyline to meet the time alloted. If an episode takes 42 minutes, so be it. If it needs an hour and ten minutes, "no problem".

MacFarlane is deeply devoted to the genre of "Star Trek" and the like and is committed to the proper conveyance of whatever he does in this genre.

That was one of the main reasons that Orville moved to Hulu or was looking for a Streaming Service so that MacFarlane was not constrained by network "time slot" restrictions to effectively convey a complete and not adjusted storyline to meet the time alloted.

I thought part of it was also because FOX wanted to air the 3rd season in Fall 2019, but with all the work needed in post for special effects, there was no way it was going to be ready in time. Also there was that stupid Disney/FOX deal that happened at the beginning of 2019, and even though Disney doesn't own the FOX television channels (fortunately), after that deal, FOX started moving away from heavy scripted series in favor of non-scripted formats instead.

For fans, you might want to jump on Hulu's $1.00 for 3 months (ad supported). Offer ends 5/27.

Reactions: Jimbo
I have Hulu currently ($1/mo BF deal) and decided to finally give Orville a shot. The trailers for the first season didn't appeal to me when it first aired—coupled with the certainty that if it was any good, Fox would immediately cancel it. But I've since heard a lot of good things about the show, and with the announcement of a third season, I thought it was finally worth watching 6-8 mins of ads per hour (that's how my brain works when it comes to watching anything on Hulu). So far so good other than the terrible visual effects. Unless that's supposed to be intentional and part of its charm? (Seriously, they are comparable BSG 1978).

Episode 1 of season 3 is in the bag. I don't have Hulu but I read some spoilers and...
...Isaac apparently commits suicide.

There was a whole lot of footage of ships flying around. The CGI was great but I think there was far too much of it. Probably could have fit into 40 minutes or less but was an 70 minutes long.

I may be somewhat bitter as the Android TV Hulu app doesn't support surround sound so I used an Xfinity Flex streamer with its icky remote.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Looked good in 4K, no HDR unfortunately, I just put the TV in vivid mode instead.

Now I remember why I don't like Hulu ....
AD'S

I tried to watch a few episodes to remember whats going on and the amount of Ad's was just over board.

I get Hulu thru my Verizon plan (Disney bundle, includes Hulu, ESPN and Disney I guess), thru Verizon its $10 for those 3, not bad ... I don't use any of them very much, but I use hulu for a few things, not much.
I found out that I Can upgrade to Hulu Ad free, however its not as easy as "Switching Streaming plan"
I would need to :
1. Cancel my Disney Bundle package with Verizon
2. Contact Hulu, change plan to Ad Free
3. Contact Verizon Again to Turn ON the Disney Bundle
Hope the packages and offers still exist
Watch Hulu and confirm that it worked ...
Then in a few months when I'm done with my shows on Hulu, do it all over again to undo the Ad Free, don't want to continue to pay for Ad Free if I'm not using it.

Btw, Hulu ad free cost $6.99 (i think still)
Ad Free is $12.99
The Bundle is $10

I would think that Verizon would charge me an addl $ 6 per month ...
If the Bill only went up $2 from 10 to 12, I'd probably do it, however the hassle of having to turn stuff off and back on later is stupid.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)