The Orville on Hulu

Fox is pretty much where good Sci-Fi goes to die.
NBC is the other place they go to die. They kill all their best sci fi shows because they run them for a month or two till they got you hooked and then they go on hiatus and you don't see it for a year or more and they move the show till it is ultimately dead from lack of viewers ,because they don't know when it is coming back and what time and day etc. Out of sight ,out of mind.

Biggest thing blocking Orville from returning though is that Seth McFarland doesn't seem to want to do another season.
Yep, he wants to do other things, he signed a big deal ( $200 million) with Universal, Ted the Series is the first thing to come from that.

He has said before that it is time for Family Guy to end, also he said all he does on it is voices, he is no longer part of the production.

Here are some of the things he has planned-

In addition to continuing his work on current shows like Family Guy, MacFarlane is said to be excited to create new projects for across the NBCU fold, including for basic cabler Syfy. Sources say he’s interested in starring in and producing musicals, political dramas and anthologies around historic events in addition to working on new animated projects.

Reactions: Foxbat
Soooo ....
Thats It for the Orville, all done ???

It was a good ending, however, they didn't have to ....

Then again, IF it truely Is the end, Charley

She was becoming an important player in the over all scheme of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
One more this Thursday, then done.

Don’t worry about Charley too much, the actress ( Anne Winters)has been dating Seth MacFarlane for a year now.
I did not know that ...

That pretty much says there Won't be another season then ... or he would have done other things with her on the show.
Maybe they woke up pissed at one another !

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well, they certainly saved the worst for last. Another too long nothing-burger. Good riddance!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I loved the final episode. Now Claire has a robot/ vibrator who talks in Issac. Every woman will want one. I really hope they do another season ,but Seth said that it will only happen if people start watching the reruns on Disney Plus platform. The more who watch the better .

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
The difference is that Survivor couldn't be binged watched in a single weekend. Binging is very popular the world of streaming because you can save on a couple of months of subscription fees.
IMO, after three full days, It's fair game.

Reactions: Jimbo
I loved the final episode. Now Claire has a robot/ vibrator who talks in Issac. Every woman will want one. I really hope they do another season ,but Seth said that it will only happen if people start watching the reruns on Disney Plus platform. The more who watch the better .
Uhhhh! That whole scenario was painful to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for this, for Disney/Hulu too say okay lets do another season of The Orville, is going to take time then they would have to renegotiate contracts with cast members as from what I read, all the actors and production crew contracts have expired.
Then too write new episodes and film and edit them this could take aprox 2 years, plus the fact that Seth and some cast members from the Orville are now on the Ted series going to stream on Peacock. Looks unlikely and maybe just another way for Seth to do Disney a favor and encourage people too stream old episodes of The Orville on Disney+.

I'm saying this show is finished. I'm looking forward to watching the New Babylon 5 reboot if it ever happens on CW.

• Sad
Reactions: KAB and MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)