The Orville on Hulu

I loved the final episode. Now Claire has a robot/ vibrator who talks in Issac. Every woman will want one. I really hope they do another season ,but Seth said that it will only happen if people start watching the reruns on Disney Plus platform. The more who watch the better .
I think people Will watch it when it gets to Disney ....
Seth could Not be in it and allow someone else to take over.
They could promote him, take him off the Orville and appear every so often if he wanted to do other stuff.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Hopefully I will get all caught up in a week. I can avoid this thread until then…

Reactions: Jimbo
I loved the final episode. Now Claire has a robot/ vibrator who talks in Issac. Every woman will want one. I really hope they do another season ,but Seth said that it will only happen if people start watching the reruns on Disney Plus platform. The more who watch the better .
My wife already has one, she calls it me! :(

I think this series is probably done. It was fine. It was better Star Trek than what its actual copyright owners were doing at the time, then again, there were fan-produced shows on YouTube that were as well. STD is just awful.

SM seems to have made his point and is moving on. The other actors cannot sit about and keep their calendars clear for the next few years in the hopes that he might do another season some day.

It was fine, it was good.

Reactions: Derwin0
SM seems to have made his point and is moving on. The other actors cannot sit about and keep their calendars clear for the next few years in the hopes that he might do another season some day.

It was fine, it was good.
Tend to agree with you but unless you are Tom Cruise or someone like that, it's not like regular actors (like the rest of the crew of the Orville) has a waiting list of offers. Most of them can go years before their next big gig and cover the rest time with drop in's in sitcoms, series, etc. basically one show wonders.

Reactions: TheKrell
Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the slowpokes to watch so we can start discussing the final episode.
Okay, okay, guilty as charged. The third (and apparently final) season has been binged. And I managed to stay away to not be spoiled (and even with what was said was forgotten in the heat of the episode(s)) so it’s all good.

The show managed to channel ST:TNG without being a complete copycat, so well done to the producers and writers. However, I wasn’t going to subscribe to Hulu just to watch this show, so Disney+ picking it up was a win for me. Having seen ”New Horizons”, I can say I think the show could return, but not for a couple of years.

I was amused to see that Bruce Boxleitner showed up in the credits, and better yet, ended up in the same role as President as he had in “Babylon 5”. Hopefully that didn’t spoil anything for someone who hasn’t watched the episodes yet.

Reactions: TheKrell
I read on my news feed that The Orville has a 100% on rotten apples .
Again with the "Rotten Apples" reference. The popular ratings organization is "Rotten Tomatoes".

The Orville started its run at 94% with the audience and by the second season, it rated 92% with viewers. Season three took a precipitous drop to 78% with the audience.

The Rotten Tomatoes scoring system is kind of obscure and scales critics differently than viewers. Critics rate on a 10 point scale while viewers rate on a five star scale. A 100% rating in the case of New Horizons ends up being a 7.6/10 for critics and a 78% rating for viewers ends up being a 4.1 stars. It must be some sort of logarithmic scale. :no

It's done and over!
As I already posted, he has a new $200 million dollar deal to make productions for Universal, Ted the Series is the first thing to come from that deal.

For him to make more episodes of the Orville ( made and owned by Fox/Disney), Universal would have to give permission or be let out of his deal.

Now he could ask to be let out of the contract, but he would have to give up that $200 million to make one more season of the Orville, I do not think so.

Now if they had already renewed it before options ran out, he would of have to of make them because they were part of the contract he had with Fox before the Universal deal, but they didn’t and let everyone’s contracts end.

So, it is over for now, years down the road, who knows.

Again with the "Rotten Apples" reference. The popular ratings organization is "Rotten Tomatoes".

The Orville started its run at 94% with the audience and by the second season, it rated 92% with viewers. Season three took a precipitous drop to 78% with the audience.

The Rotten Tomatoes scoring system is kind of obscure and scales critics differently than viewers. Critics rate on a 10 point scale while viewers rate on a five star scale. A 100% rating in the case of New Horizons ends up being a 7.6/10 for critics and a 78% rating for viewers ends up being a 4.1 stars. It must be some sort of logarithmic scale. :no
Sorry, I thought that was the name or I was thinking of something else when I posted. I changed my post to show the correction.

Back when movies were rated by how little "slop" (wet garbage) the customers threw at the screen, it made sense.
You seem to imply that a high score is bad, and a low score (less wet garbage) is good. That was precisely my point and the opposite of the scale Rotten Tomatoes uses. They call themselves "Rotten Tomatoes", but the tomatoes they show are actually "fresh" and presumably would not be thrown at a rotten play's actors. It's the green splat that you really don't want. Those represent rotten tomatoes.

Reactions: MikeD-C05