The PlayStation Vue Thread

At least for the Core plan, it seems there's been no net loss in the number of TV channels in the package. In fact, since the Viacom dump, I much prefer that channels being added (MLB Network, CBS Sports Network, BBC America, Hallmark Channel, Tennis Channel [coming soon]) to the ones lost, some of which I've never heard of or would ever watch. I also now have all my local networks as of September of this year, though I know not everyone has them yet. On balance, PS Vue's channel offering has gotten MUCH better for me personally since I signed up in June 2016.

This is a follow-up reminder that your Access Slim subscription price will change to $39.99/mo.* on December 16, 2017, your next subscription renewal date.

Thank you for your continued support.

- The PlayStationVue Team

playstation vue has rolled out a bunch of locals including KARE 11 NBC affiliate in Minneapolis/St. Paul. That has them now covering the big 3 in this DMA.

Having said the above--get some, lose some. We have apparently lost our Fox local due to inability to reach a new agreement. :thumbdown Fortunately for me, we have a good OTA set-up with a dvr to record what we want.

It looks like all the Tribune-owned Fox affiliates are being pulled from PS Vue around the country. I lost it here in San Diego, and folks in PS Vue groups are reporting the same in other major cities. Given Sinclair is in the process of buying Tribune, and is having to meet certain FCC and DOJ requirements to complete the purchase (e.g., selling certain stations), this may have something to do with that. Since PS Vue has deals with other Sinclair-owned local affiliates, this could very well be temporary -- pending finalization of the sale.

It would appear Sony signed deals with these Tribune-owned Fox affiliates a few months ago fully aware of the pending sale and knowing that making these Fox stations available in their respective markets was just temporary as they tried to justify ending the Slim-priced packages.

Sinclair already OWNS two stations in my DMA, and has control of a 3rd through a shell company. Once they complete the Tribune deal, they'll then own yet another station in the DMA right next door...

Anyone know if this affects the Detroit DMA? Was thinking about coming back.

They have the big 4 and I liked it that way.

No (I live in Metro Detroit), WXYZ (7) is owned by E. W. Scripps Company, WDIV (4) is owned by Graham Media Group, Fox and CBS are owned by the Networks.

I do like the Roku app. One thing bothers me. Coming from the firetv. Recordings and forwarding on the firetv was hold down the button and go through 3 minutes of commercials in a a 2 second span. Can’t seem to do that on the Roku.

I do like the Roku app. One thing bothers me. Coming from the firetv. Recordings and forwarding on the firetv was hold down the button and go through 3 minutes of commercials in a a 2 second span. Can’t seem to do that on the Roku.
You could on Roku before the big update. :( I'll only be using my PS4 now for PlayStation Vue as I at least can see the image of the program zoom by as it fast forwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts