The PlayStation Vue Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like Vue Finally admits you can't FF Fox Networks, Per the FAQ, some have reported National Geographic also.

Fast-forwarding restrictions
Programs saved to My DVR from FOX, FX, and FXX will not allow fast forwarding.

Just put Legion on ( FX ) and no problem with Fast Forwarding.

Reactions: Zookster
Has anyone experienced restrictions fast-forwarding shows on Fox or FX? I am seriously considering going back to PlayStation Vue after YouTube TV started restricting at least half the shows I watch. But this new restriction with PlayStation Vue gave me pause.

It would really suck if you couldn't fast forward at all and not just the commercials, especially watching recordings of sports.

Has anyone experienced restrictions fast-forwarding shows on Fox or FX? I am seriously considering going back to PlayStation Vue after YouTube TV started restricting at least half the shows I watch. But this new restriction with PlayStation Vue gave me pause.

It would really suck if you couldn't fast forward at all and not just the commercials, especially watching recordings of sports.

I checked “The American” in FX. They replaced with on demand version except recently aired episode. Surprisingly I can FF older episode. I checked only one episode & will update if I see any difference on other episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had Vue for almost two years, my Fox network shows were all on demand (no live local for me). At first, there were either no commercials, or only a 15-minute promo at the commercial breaks, and then later once regular 2-3 minute commercial breaks were inserted, if I waited one week to watch a new episode the commercials would be dropped.

I have no problems with fast forwarding on nat geo. Havent watched fx since the morning show and antiques collectibles show left the channel. Don't watch fox except for sports so not sure on those channels.

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I thought as long as you specified show to DVR FF worked. It won't work on some shows otherwise, like most catch up stuff. You can't just add channel into favorites the show itself needs to be added to DVR cloud before FF works. Then for FF to work you had to go to DVR'ed shows. I could be wrong but that's how I remembered it working. .

I thought as long as you specified show to DVR FF worked. It won't work on some shows otherwise, like most catch up stuff. You can't just add channel into favorites the show itself needs to be added to DVR cloud before FF works. Then for FF to work you had to go to DVR'ed shows. I could be wrong but that's how I remembered it working. .

New rule from Vue's FAQ page:
Fast-forwarding restrictions
Programs saved to My DVR from FOX, FX, and FXX will not allow fast forwarding.​

Reactions: camo
Here Are the Markets PlayStation Vue Added a National FOX Feed In

A couple of weeks ago PlayStation Vue lost access to Sinclair-owned FOX locals and last December they lost Tribune-owned FOX locals. Now Sony has launched a live FOX feed in markets where they no longer have a local FOX affiliate.

This new national FOX feed will offer prime-time programming from the FOX broadcast network and additional content from FOX News, FOX Business, FOX Sports 1, and FOX Soccer Plus. What you won’t get is all the local programming your local station offers: no NFL games, no local news, and no talk shows will be part of this FOX feed. You can find this new national FOX feed in your channel guide right next to your local ABC, CBS, and NBC channels.

Here is every market that now has the national FOX feed:

Baltimore, MD
Bowling Green, KY
Buffalo, NY
Charlottesville, VA
Clarksburg-Weston, WV
Cleveland-Akron-Canton, OH
Denver, CO
Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, MI
Green Bay-Appleton, WI
Greensboro-High Point-Winston-Salem, NC
Harrisburg-Lancaster, PA
Harrisonburg, VA
Hartford-New Haven, CT
Indianapolis, IN
Kansas City, MO
Marquette, MI
Milwaukee, WI
Minot-Bismarck-Dickinson, ND
Nashville, TN
North Platte, NE
Parkersburg, WV
Pittsburgh, PA
Presque Isle, ME
Rapid City, SD
Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Sherman, TX-Ada, OK
St. Louis, MO
Traverse City-Cadillac, MI
Twin Falls, ID
Wausau-Rhinelander, Wi

Here Are the Markets PlayStation Vue Added a National FOX Feed In - Cord Cutters News

Streaming has gotten old. I’d much rather use my TiVo and cable. Less restrictive. Using my own modem and my own TiVo my bill is 121 with showtime. HBO still free for a few months. Can’t complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less Restrictive? Can you record unlimited content with Tivo? Can you cancel cable every other month? Can you take your Tivo and cable to another house? Watch it on mobile anywhere in the Country? My total bill is $120 with Vue ,Internet,Hulu, Hbo and Ota dvr and I can switch month to month

Less Restrictive? Can you record unlimited content with Tivo? Can you cancel cable every other month? Can you take your Tivo and cable to another house? Watch it on mobile anywhere in the Country? My total bill is $120 with Vue ,Internet,Hulu, Hbo and Ota dvr and I can switch month to month

With Slingbox, I use my Tivo and Cable everywhere. I have 4000hrs of storage on the Tivo, not unlimited but more than I need. Cox, Internet, Netflix, Plex all for $125 a month. There is more than one way to get a good deal.

Playstation Vue is going up $5/mo for all channel packages, all customers by the end of July, matching DirecTV Now's and Sling's recent $5 increase. :(
PlayStation Vue Subscription Service Change

And before anyone posts that these OTT live TV services are catching up with cable or satellite, can you honestly say that the price of those services hasn't gone up by at least $5 in the past year, or won't go up again by at least $5 in the next 12 months?

Reactions: Gobucks
And before anyone posts that these OTT live TV services are catching up with cable or satellite, can you honestly say that the price of those services hasn't gone up by at least $5 in the past year, or won't go up again by at least $5 in the next 12 months?
You're making the dangerous assumption that no lineups have changed (for better or worse). Whether Vue works through some of their local channel disputes (Fox, Sinclair) is important to many who aren't eligible for OTA (or don't want an independent second system for dealing with OTA).

On the other hand, pretty much anything is fair game since Sony has made it clear that Vue exists primarily to gather demographics and marketing information and isn't otherwise self-supporting.

You're making the dangerous assumption that no lineups have changed (for better or worse). Whether Vue works through some of their local channel disputes (Fox, Sinclair) is important to many who aren't eligible for OTA (or don't want an independent second system for dealing with OTA).

What can I say? I like to live on the edge, speaking as someone personally affected by the Fox (Tribune-Sinclair merger fiasco-induced) channel dispute. ;)

Yes, lineups always change, for better and worse, for all TV services. Though on the whole, the net gain for OTT live TV services at this point has been on the upswing, the Viacom channel dump two years ago for Vue, notwithstanding.

What can I say? I like to live on the edge, speaking as someone personally affected by the Fox (Tribune-Sinclair merger fiasco-induced) channel dispute. ;)

Yes, lineups always change, for better and worse, for all TV services. Though on the whole, the net gain for OTT live TV services at this point has been on the upswing, the Viacom channel dump two years ago for Vue, notwithstanding.
At least Sony had the balls to let Viacom go. No drawn out he said she said. I respect that.

You knew the usual I told you so people would make an appearance. Why anyone would hope these OTT services fail is beyond me.

Keep on keeping on my friend. I think we both hope these services survive and thrive.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

No surprise prices will rise. Until cable/sat put on a long term price freeze they will not catch up for a long while if ever. When they do catch up maybe cable/sat will be smart enough to be done with long term contracts as that would be the only advantage of IPTV.

Why anyone would hope these OTT services fail is beyond me.
Why anyone feels compelled to assert that if you aren't gushing with praise and support of something, that you're obviously wishing that it will die a quick and painful death is beyond me. The marketplace needs loss leaders to keep them honest.

The failing is with those who think that these new competitors can sustain their business models in the long term and we'll be left with something that offers similar or better programming for substantially less money.

I would also point out that a $5 increase on a $30 bill is three times that of a $5 increase on a $90 bill.

We'll see if the tax-happy states figure out how to tax online TV programming "to keep the playing field level" as they did with DBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts