The PlayStation Vue Thread

When I first started the Firetv box this afternoon I had a window that said 3 live Vue channels now available on same screen. To add channels hold star. Problem is there is no star and I can't get message to come back up.

When I first started the Firetv box this afternoon I had a window that said 3 live Vue channels now available on same screen. To add channels hold star. Problem is there is no star and I can't get message to come back up.
That's only available on the ps4.

It was in fine print on the same screen you saw, and I posted the link to what the feature was a few posts back.

Reactions: camo
*figured I'd copy and paste this here as I just posted it in another thread. May be of interest to some, just a review pretty much.

I signed up for direct now the first day available pretty much to try the service but mainly get the free Apple TV as I have been meaning to pick one up for a couple years now.

Hardware- Apple TV 4th Gen
Internet - Comcast 250/15

DIRECTV Now - Quick Review in the 4 months now I have had it.. no issues steaming at all. Quick response time loading channels and as quick as dish network when selecting a channel in the guide on my hopper 3. Prgrmaming package is great for $35 a month on the early adopter hobbit package, free HBO now as well for a year so that's great as well. Now the bad...The app is absolutely atrocious...they spent no time other than setting up a guide on this thing and it's so simplistic it reminds me of a blank excel sheet. I will not use thr service because of the app. Game over for now DTVnow.

PSVUE - Signed up for the trial before work at 4:00am Wednesday morning. 7 trial is pretty limited they should offer at least 14 I would hope. Anyway..the app is light years ahead of DTVnow's and it's like comparing Win3.1 to Win10. Won't go into details but the only bothersome thing is the Apple TV remote which is limited for all steaming services due to lack of buttons. Channel line up is great. I got the ultra slim package I think it's called for $45 a month. All the channels we watch in dish are their except for the locals and lifetime channels(wife!).

Speaking of locals I just had cbs Boston locals live added this morning so that is nail in the coffin for me! Canceling dish later today and sticking with the Vue as our main provider. I will hang on to DIRECTV for $35 a month with HBO and give it about 6 months to see how the app and service changes. Wasting some money every month but still paying the same amount between the two for my old dish bill. I wonder if I can transfer my DTVNow account to someone else and keep all the programming. I told my mom to get in on the Apple TV deal and she never did but I would like to give the account to her rather than drop it completely. She is getting gouged by DTV for about $120 a month then they drop it for for a few months to about $80 then it goes right back up.

Hoping Apple starts coming out with an updated Apple TV every year now. If not that they need to release a updated remote for they Apple TV. The most pressing need is a a page up/down and info buttons.

#9A moment ago

Reactions: Gobucks
I'm happy to report all my PS4 media remote functions are back. The return coincided with a major firmware update for the PS4, though I can't imagine that was actually in the firmware update that's been in beta testing for some months, and the problem I experienced only manifested on Monday with the PS Vue multiscreen update. If anything, it probably just reset the system in some way that restored normal remote functions.

I have had Vue now for two weeks and very happy with it.

1st reason why I am happy with it-The price for programing, $34.99 for the Core Slim Pkg., with that we get every channel we need and want, the only local we do not get is ABC, but it is there as On-Demand and the CW is not there but not a big deal since there is a Roku App with all their programming with no sign in needed.

2nd-No box fees, we only had 2 boxes with Comcast because I hated paying the box fees, the other 3 rooms of my house got by with TV Everywhere apps on the Rokus, I refused to pay another $30 a month, now everyone happy.

Also no locals fee and no RSN Sports fee.

3rd-Picture Quality, Comcast has been playing with their compression and what used to be just as good as DirecTV has just became a mess, muddy, not sharp and just awful, I know Vue is just 720P but is is good looking 720P.

The bad-Stereo Sound but overcome with Dolby Pro-Logic 2.

4th-The free DVR, also since everything is in the cloud, we had a power outage here in Michigan for two days due to a all day wind storm, if I still had Comcast nothing scheduled would have been recorded, not a problem with Vue.

Lastly, I have seen many complaints about the guide on the Roku, I like the app look and have had no problem setting up things to be saved.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's about friggin' time! I could've used it starting two weeks ago when the World Baseball Championship tournament started. I've had to connect a laptop to my TV so I can access the MLB channel via my dad's Dish Anywhere access. It's not the most consistent stream, especially on my old laptop, though PQ was surprisingly better than a lot of stuff on Watch ESPN.

Tonight is the semi-final between USA and Japan, and Wednesday is the final, which will be broadcast on ESPN2 as well.

Has anyone had any experience watching PS Vue via Android TV on a Sony brand smart TV? I'm in the market for a new TV and wondering if that should be a selling point for me. Performance and PQ would have to be on par with the PS4 or new FireTV box to be worth it. It would be nice to not have to switch inputs/devices when going from OTA to PS Vue and back. I'm a bit concerned because Android TV compatibility was announced at the same time as the PC browser access, which is terrible performance-wise -- a total slideshow for sporting events -- and very limited menu-navigation system.

I tried Playstation Vue, but I felt that the frame rate was a little sub-par. For example, when I had ESPN on, the bottom line ticker was not smooth, rather a little jumpy as the text scrolled across. Almost like I was getting 30fps instead of 60fps. Is that just a limitation of internet delivered tv or was it just my experience? I have decent bandwidth - the 24 meg AT&T package - so I know that bandwidth wasn't the limiting factor.

I tried Playstation Vue, but I felt that the frame rate was a little sub-par. For example, when I had ESPN on, the bottom line ticker was not smooth, rather a little jumpy as the text scrolled across. Almost like I was getting 30fps instead of 60fps. Is that just a limitation of internet delivered tv or was it just my experience? I have decent bandwidth - the 24 meg AT&T package - so I know that bandwidth wasn't the limiting factor.

I've seen those tickers, depending on the channel, look jerky on cable and OTA. How does the ticker look on MSNBC? That runs smoother for me than the one on ESPN or CNN.

Also, what device were you using? The performance can vary noticeably depending on the device. Here are the devices that get PS Vue at 60fps: Ps4, PS3, Chromecast, iPad, second generation FireTV. Other devices are capped at 30fps. Source.

But even still, some devices will look better than others. For example, PS Vue looks and performs noticeably better on my PS4 than my PS3.

I've seen those tickers, depending on the channel, look jerky on cable and OTA. How does the ticker look on MSNBC? That runs smoother for me than the one on ESPN or CNN.

Also, what device were you using? The performance can vary noticeably depending on the device. Here are the devices that get PS Vue at 60fps: Ps4, PS3, Chromecast, iPad, second generation FireTV. Other devices are capped at 30fps. Source.

But even still, some devices will look better than others. For example, PS Vue looks and performs noticeably better on my PS4 than my PS3.

That would explain it - I was using a Roku Stick.

What brand and model of streaming device are you using to test PS Vue?

The cheapest best option is the second gen fire TV box.

It will give you similar performance to a PS4 for much less money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So I would see a definite improvement with 2nd gen Amazon Fire Tv box? The 60 fps as opposed to 30 fps?

So I would see a definite improvement with 2nd gen Amazon Fire Tv box? The 60 fps as opposed to 30 fps?
In my experience, yes.

When they updated the fire boxes I have from 30fps to 60, it was a VERY noticable difference on moving pictures.

Reactions: zippyfrog
And to clarify, I do have a Roku stick as well, and yes. There is a noticable difference.

The pq is not the only improvement you will see going from a Roku stick to a fire TV either.

Reactions: zippyfrog
Thanks - that is what I wanted to know. Maybe I will try again with a fire box and see if I like the results any better.

Reactions: Ronnie-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)