‘The Returned’ on A&E

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Reactions: kresston
It has been like years to me since season 1 of this show. I am looking forward to seeing where it continues ,even though I have to read sub titles to understand what they are saying.

Everyone kept claiming ABC's series "Resurrection" was a take off of the Returned... I like the French version, will give this one a try.
Other than previously dead people coming back, the 2 shows are very different.

Be interesting to see if A&E's show is any good. Seems to be hit or miss on remakes being any good, more miss than hit.

Found this very interesting. So much like the original but so American at the same time. From the season preview it seems like it's not going to follow the French to the T, which may or may not be a good idea. I hope it does well as its something that has caught my attention.

1/2 hour in and the A@E version is eerily similar to the French show. Patiently waiting for season two on Canal .

I recorded the eight episode Canal series a couple of years ago when it aired on Sundance but never got around to watching. Last night, I watched episode one on A&E followed by episode one of the original. The new one is pretty much scene for scene except for a few minor order changes and one missing scene near the end. Too soon to offer any real opinion except that the new show feels less moody, more 'in your face' than the French version.

The producers claim they will mostly follow the original through the first four episodes and then veer off into new territory for the final six episodes of season one.

Reactions: catamount
Loved the pilot episode and watched episode #2 On Demand the other day. This looks to be a great series. Love the eerie little kid, and I like the idea of focusing on one character a week. I find it works well on HBO's The Leftovers and it seems to be working good on this show so far.

Loved the pilot episode and watched episode #2 On Demand the other day. This looks to be a great series. Love the eerie little kid, and I like the idea of focusing on one character a week. I find it works well on HBO's The Leftovers and it seems to be working good on this show so far.
The little kid is MUCH more eerie in the original, and BTW, it is now on Netflix.

The little kid is MUCH more eerie in the original, and BTW, it is now on Netflix.

Maybe so, but it's my loss. I can't watch subtitled dialog. The Bridge almost lost me many times with all the back and forth in spanish. I can tolerate it more in The American's in russian, but I would never be able to watch an entire episode of something, let alone an entire series with subtitles. Besides, I don't care for Netflix.

If I understand this correctly, the A&E version is American remake of what aired on Sundance, which originally aired on Canal+ in france back in 2012.

If I understand this correctly, the A&E version is American remake of what aired on Sundance, which originally aired on Canal+ in france back in 2012.
From what I just read, Sundance said that it will have the second season of the French Version this year some time. I really liked the French version though it was only 8 episodes. Season 1 is on Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)