The road to Omaha,college baseball regionals, super regional and CWS thread

meathead76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Razorback Football
the 16 regions sites have been announced
Baton Rouge, La.Alex Box StadiumLSU (52-9)
Blacksburg, Va.English FieldVirginia Tech (38-20)
Bloomington, Ind.Bart Kaufman FieldIndiana (43-14)
Chapel Hill, N.C.Boshamer StadiumNorth Carolina (52-8)
Charlottesville, Va.Davenport FieldVirginia (47-10)
Columbia, S.C.Carolina StadiumSouth Carolina (39-18)
Corvallis, Ore.Goss StadiumOregon State (45-10)
Eugene, Ore.PK ParkOregon (45-14)
Fullerton, Calif.Goodwin FieldCal State Fullerton (48-8)
Los Angeles, Calif.Jackie Robinson Stadium*UCLA (38-17)
Louisville, Ky.Jim Patterson StadiumLouisville (46-10)
Manhattan, Kan.Tointon Family StadiumKansas State (41-17)
Nashville, Tenn.Hawkins FieldVanderbilt (51-9)
Raleigh, N.C.Doak FieldNorth Carolina State (44-14)
Starkville, Miss.Dudy Noble FieldMississippi State (43-17)
Tallahassee, Fla.Dick Howser StadiumFlorida State (44-15)

South Carolina hosting over Arkansas is total crap
we swept them (at SC) and they didn't do squat in the SEC tournament

Still can't believe UConn made it as an 8 seed in the final Big East tournament. Go Huskies!

techPoopie.jpeg

The U extended their record 41st straight year into post season play. The U own an all-time record of 18-5 against their opponents in their field, including a flawless 13-0 series advantage over Bowling Green. Miami leads Oklahoma State by a narrow 4-3 margin in the all-time series, while Louisville has taken two of three head-to-head contests. It SHOULD come down to UL and The U, but you never now. Last year, they were home in Coral Gables and went winless to be eliminated, 0-2.

The U extended their record 41st straight year into post season play. The U own an all-time record of 18-5 against their opponents in their field, including a flawless 13-0 series advantage over Bowling Green. Miami leads Oklahoma State by a narrow 4-3 margin in the all-time series, while Louisville has taken two of three head-to-head contests. It SHOULD come down to UL and The U, but you never now. Last year, they were home in Coral Gables and went winless to be eliminated, 0-2.

I would say the Pokes would sweep the floor with miami, but after that dismal 0-4 finish to the season in the Big 12 tourney, all I can say is I hope Josh Holiday resting our best pitchers during the tourney pays off.

Why is espn showing most of the games online on espn3, when they are just rehashing/rerunning the same old crap on sportscenter on espn and talk shows on espn 2.

What a waste considering as much as we have to pay for these channels and events.

Fullerton looked very dominant throughout their regional. UCLA will be a tough series....if they get past that, I like their chances in Omaha, being a pitchers park and all. :)

Yeah, Mike Martin needs to retire. This reminds me of when they left Bobby around too long and we had a lost decade in football. His strategy of waiting for the pitcher to walk you fails miserably when you run into good pitching (hello post season).

One bright spot is Winston tried to loosen the team up before hand, and pitched 3 solid innings to keep the score from getting worse... 17 innings with no runs is embarrassing on your home field.

Mike Martin is taking a lot of flack from everyone right now because Nogowski got on base in the 9th, then he pulled him so he could get a standing ovation since he may not be back (hello conceding the game), but we could have used him when the batting came around again. Miserable decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)