The rule is "No Hack Talk" - don't be so rude.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
aren't there some open turbo8spk channels occasionally on 72w?

Yes there are occasionally. That is why I have a Jynxbox, popular in Canada and other places where key sharing servers are around. I use it for ITC feeds that show up once in a while.

factory coolsat 4000 firmware didn't have the signal beep function for dish aiming,that didn't appear until the 1st "hacked" version.

Back in that bygone era the pic quality was better on a CS5k than on an actual dish receiver,so I've heard,not sayin nothin.:whistle:
That's interesting, was it the SD channels that looked better? When I saw what the locals looked like in SD on Dish at the local Rat Shack, I couldn't believe anyone that would pay to have that in their home.

Never say never, when DirecTV rolls out their 4K service, if they don't screw it up, I may have to subscribe.

Last edited:
That's interesting, was it the SD channels that looked better? When I saw what the locals looked like in SD on Dish at the local Rat Shack, I couldn't believe anyone that would pay to have that in their home.

Never say never, when DirecTV rolls out their 4K service, if they don't screw it up, I may have to subscribe.

Did SD look better because it was on a CRT TV? SD generally sucks on a LCD/LED.

Did SD look better because it was on a CRT TV? SD generally sucks on a LCD/LED.
I think so. Years ago I almost bought a Sony CRT HD TV. Many raved about the PQ, but it was doomed in the market by its 720p max capability and its heavy weight. (The local Sears had it on display but didn't have it hooked up to an HD signal.)

CS5k is just sd but it did look good and was even decent on a 42" lcd.Some channels looked like crap but that was their normal anyway,kinda like some of the "97" channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)