The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 03/07/2007 - 13 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
9413 - ALMA - EchoStar5 129W TP 21 ConUS beam changed to Available
9413 - ALMA - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Available
How about mirrors - ALMA at ch. 851 - those are available also then .. or?

Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird myself - when ALMA first came on, there was programming, then they went to a slate.

I assume, since this is Christian religious programming, even though it is "En Español," that Sky Angel approved it. My guess is that particularly a Spanish-language video channel would not really compete with SA*. And it may even increase SA*'s appeal to the Hispanic market, as new subs could add the Free PI Pack to get Almavision.

I am sort of surprised that 3ABN didn't get the slot, because I know they had been trying for it. However, I think it is certainly possible that Almavision was simply ahead of them on the waiting list, or that 3ABN is waiting until they can get on a full CONUS coverage slot, like 110 or 119.

I'm wondering if there was some sort of problem with Amavision already and we might see it yanked before it gets started?

The channel is still showing a slate. The EPG shows 9 days 24/7 "Programa Ninos" (Program [ninos]) in 30 minute blocks. I think they mean "Programa para Niños" (Children's Program).

I just think it is very, very odd to see a channel with programming when it launches and less than 24 hours later it has a slate that the programming is "coming soon".

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)