The Score HD question / EPL match of the week

bjf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Hi,

Can anyone answer a couple questions about "The Score HD" channel on Bell.

Are you able to get this channel anywhere there's a strong signal in the states?

And regarding the English Premiere League match of the week.
How is the HD picture quality? Does it have any pixelation or distortion with the UK to Canada TV conversion?

Thanks for your help.

bjf

i've only seen it once. the PQ was nice but the "ticker" at the bottom kinda ruined it for me. signal is a bit rough but that depends on where you are and what setup you have. i moved in across town in dec and have not had the time or patience to find 82 yet with my setup in central texas :/

Thanks for the info.

Is the elevation of the Bell sat. 82?

Is the EPL HD version the same camera's that are used in the SD version on
Setanta or FSC in the states? Just hd quality.
Or do they have a different complete HD production.

Thanks, bjf

Pretty sure it's the same coverage/cameras that FSC gives us and some Setanta games (when Setanta does not provide their obvious in-house branded coverage). I believe the original provider/distributor is still TWI. TWI also produces the weekly preview and review shows.

I'd say it's like watching an NFL game on Fox or CBS. If you watch a game via HD, you get the whole image in 16:9 HD. If you switched over to SD, it's the same video in 4:3 SD (the sides get cut off).

Thanks for the followup.

I get Setanta and every week there seems to be a match that they screw up the picture on. They are taking a 16x9 feed and squeezing it to fit 4x3.

But it's a bit odd like they are doing some additional messing with the image.

I've emailed them but they always ignore the problem.

It would be great to see it in HD or even letterbox in SD.
To see the entire picture.

Does the other Canada HD Sports Net channel ever show any Soccer in HD.
Not including any from US teams. Just outside North America teams.
Italy, UK, etc.

Does anyone know.

Thanks, bjf

perhaps the Champions Leauge matches that air on TSN-HD are in HD? apart from that, the EPL game on Score HD is the only other one I know of cos I have seen it with me own eyes.

Julesism,

When you saw that EPL match in HD on The Score HD.

You mentioned it had a bar at the bottom with scores.

Could you tell me a bit more.
Is it just covering the picture at the bottom or are they pushing the video up from the bottom and slightly squishing the picture. FSC does this a lot.
Every few minutes they will push up the picture and it's now distorted so they can put some advertisement banner at the bottom.

Could you clarify what you saw.

I'd hate to watch this HD channel if it's always being pushed up and have the distortion. I could live with the stupid ticker if it didn't distort the picture.

Thanks Much, bjf

Thanks.

At last they don't push up the image from the bottom like FSC does.

Still I wish that practice would be banned forever.

Best, bjf

Starchoice DVR530 and Quad LNBF question

Questions on HD Bell v. SC Mpeg4 and receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)