The Social Network

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Interesting film. I felt a bit unsettled the next day after watching it. Interesting to see a 25 billion dollar concept being invented over the course of about a month. I do not know what to think of Mark Zuckerberg after the film. It did not really portray him as evil, just someone that seemed to live in his own world and had no social skills when it came to the real world. Almost like he is completely detached from what happens in the real world.

I liked the film, it was a lot to process on so many levels. It can make one feel a bit inadequate when one does not sit down and whip out a multi billion dollar idea in a dorm room.

Interesting that the lawsuits haven't been coming since this isn't technically an "authorized" portrayal of Mark Zuckerburg or the other founders. Must be some truth then to it.

Interesting that the lawsuits haven't been coming since this isn't technically an "authorized" portrayal of Mark Zuckerburg or the other founders. Must be some truth then to it.

They are probably all bound by non disclosure agreements after all the lawsuits that they cannot do anything about it.

It is also interesting that the biggest social network was founded by someone that appears to have no social skills. But, really why would Mark Z care, he has his billions, he does not really need to worry about a movie. It is not like he is the face of facebook and his rep controls the destiny of the company.

But, really why would Mark Z care, he has his billions, he does not really need to worry about a movie. It is not like he is the face of facebook and his rep controls the destiny of the company.
Ah, but the movie turns him in the face of facebook, and into another Steve Jobs type cult figure.

So if anything, the movie helps him out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)