The Sprout Please Thread!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok, we hit on this in the radio show this week and I couldn't agree any more about adding this channel. I know that sprout is comcast owned, but I only think that its an excuse as this channel is on Uverse, Fios, Directv, ect. I think if dish really wanted this channel they could negotiate and have it up. The caller on air even mentioned that people were passing up getting dish because of the lack of this channel. While it certainly is a factor, in my situation I found other means of getting it. I just think that this should be something dish should seriously take a look at. I understand dish is on the HD roll, but that shouldn't stop them from improving sd programming, especially in an area that could be improved by adding this channel. (Toddler programming) Adding this channel would do nothing but improve their lineup and make it stronger when compared against other providers! Im sure there is room to add 1 more SD channel on both arch's:up!

If you would like to learn more about sprout, please visit Say "Sprout Please!" to request PBS KIDS Sprout and call up dish to request it! :)

Yep, I was the caller. And I have had a few people I had nearly talked into getting Dish, until they found out there was no Sprout. I personally have no kids, but this experience made me want to find out. It seems strange Dish is adding E! HD, and now maybe G4 HD and Style HD, but is ignoring this channel.

Yep, I was the caller. And I have had a few people I had nearly talked into getting Dish, until they found out there was no Sprout. I personally have no kids, but this experience made me want to find out. It seems strange Dish is adding E! HD, and now maybe G4 HD and Style HD, but is ignoring this channel.

It makes no sense, especially sense sprout is widely available to anyone who wants it and is on every provider other than dish, including CBAND! I dont know what the hold up is, and why does dish consistently ignore this channel. I'm considering emailing charlie to see if he knows anything on this. Hopefully someone could give us an official word on why Dish continues to say no to Sprout! Ill pay the extra buck for this channel. I hope that dish isn't basing sprout off of Babytv which is two totally different animals! Babytv doesnt have the quality programming that sprout has, and isnt geared towards the toddler to kindergarten kid. Baby tv is more of a 12 month - 2 year old market. Sprout kickes in from there, once they are about 6, Nick Jr kicks in, then once they become tweenish, Nick kicks in, and then MTV ect.

That's the packing order of most watched channels via age! :)

YOU of all people called asking about a childrens channel? LOL! Is this the twilight zone? :D

*** Do toddler's really need 24/7 programming? ***

YOU of all people called asking about a childrens channel? LOL! Is this the twilight zone? :D

Hey, I don't hate kids. I hate the perks parents get just by virtue of being parents, but not the kids. But that's something for sonicbabble.

YES! LOL Dont you know the TV is the new babysitter! LOL Seriously, the channel is like crack for kids. My kid watches it all the time until the power pig says tv time is over. Then she beggs me for more quarters for the power pig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)