The state of the Buffalo Bills

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The Buffalo Bills of the 2000s- a lost decade, to say the least.

From the 2000 season on, we have made a grand total of ZERO playoff appearances and ONE winning season.

Now that it's over, I ask- where did it all go wrong?!

One reason why- offense.

As someone who lived in Buffalo during their no-huddle, high-scoring glory-days of the late 80s and early 90s, their offense this decade was enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Other than 2002, the Buffalo offense was a threat to nobody. To put it in perspective, 4 quarterbacks on the 2009 Bills combined for 2,789 passing yards. Drew Bledsoe in 2002 threw for 4,259 yards- that's nearly a 1,500 yard difference!

After the aforementioned 2002 season, the Bills tore up the astroturf for FieldTurf. In the seven seasons since, the Bills offense has been awful and the team has been mediocre. I know everyone hates the fake stuff, but the Bills are NOT a team made for the real stuff. The Bills I knew and loved were a turf team- they are NOT a grass team! Purists be damned, it set my team back for years!

We can't do anything right- firing Wade Phillips, letting players like Flutie, Bledsoe, Price, Fletcher and McGahee walk, etc.

They have not beaten the Pats since I was a sophomore in high school- I am now a college senior!

Now, we have a new coach- Chan Gailey. Oh, dear god.

The fall of the Bills is so sad to watch.

I hope someday, they will rise from the dead. For now, we're the laughingstock of the AFC (the Raiders and Chiefs have more upside).

From the 2000 season on, we have made a grand total of ZERO playoff appearances and ONE winning season.

One reason why- offense.

As someone who lived in Buffalo during their no-huddle, high-scoring glory-days of the late 80s and early 90s, their offense this decade was enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Other than 2002, the Buffalo offense was a threat to nobody. To put it in perspective, 4 quarterbacks on the 2009 Bills combined for 2,789 passing yards. Drew Bledsoe in 2002 threw for 4,259 yards- that's nearly a 1,500 yard difference!

After the aforementioned 2002 season, the Bills tore up the astroturf for FieldTurf. In the seven seasons since, the Bills offense has been awful and the team has been mediocre. I know everyone hates the fake stuff, but the Bills are NOT a team made for the real stuff. The Bills I knew and loved were a turf team- they are NOT a grass team! Purists be damned, it set my team back for years!

We can't do anything right- firing Wade Phillips, letting players like Flutie, Bledsoe, Price, Fletcher and McGahee walk, etc.

They have not beaten the Pats since I was a sophomore in high school- I am now a college senior!

I hope someday, they will rise from the dead. For now, we're the laughingstock of the AFC (the Raiders and Chiefs have more upside).

Could be a LION's fan ........ :rolleyes:
2nd round of the playoffs what .... twice in 50 years ?

One reason why- offense.

Well if you are originally from Buffalo, then you know about the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Imlach Curse. After Toronto fired Punch Imlach (1968-69 season), he placed a curse on the Maple Leafs and they haven't won the Stanley Cup in over 40 years.

Doug Flutie placed a curse on the Bills, after Wilson ordered Wade Phillips to play Rob Johnson instead of him in the Music Miracle Game, after Flutie lead the Bills to Playoffs.

The Bills will never see the playoffs or super bowl again, until Wilson is gone and someone else owns the team. Hopefully. Kelly and his investors will have a group to purchase the Bills and keep them in Buffalo.

Could be a LION's fan ........ :rolleyes:
2nd round of the playoffs what .... twice in 50 years ?

Chin up, Jimbo. The past has not been kind, but going forward I truly believe there are two teams with very little chance in 2010...Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills.

Everyone else (including the Lions) has hope.

Sandra

Chin up, Jimbo. The past has not been kind, but going forward I truly believe there are two teams with very little chance in 2010...Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills.

Everyone else (including the Lions) has hope.

Sandra
Sandra, I usually agree with you...but you are dead wrong! The Lions are hopeless just as long as the Ford Family owns this team.

Los Angeles is working really hard on bringing the Bills and Jaguars to L.A. and playing in the NEW Stadium this year. From what the L.A. Times is reporting, they are real close on moving to L.A..

Los Angeles is working really hard on bringing the Bills and Jaguars to L.A. and playing in the NEW Stadium this year. From what the L.A. Times is reporting, they are real close on moving to L.A..

LA has been building that new stadium for 20 years. If the Bills go anywhere it will be to Toronto, and they need a suitable stadium too.

33-30407-P.jpg

He was the only quarterback the Bills have had since Flutie that I could trust under center.

Losman was terrible, Edwards can't throw a deep ball- the weak-armed wimp I have dubbed him- and Fitzpatrick is inconsistent.

33-30407-P.jpg

He was the only quarterback the Bills have had since Flutie that I could trust under center.

Losman was terrible, Edwards can't throw a deep ball- the weak-armed wimp I have dubbed him- and Fitzpatrick is inconsistent.

Flutie and Bledsoe?

After Tom Brady, they are arguably the second and third most lauded QB's in Boston football history!

"Bill and Jaguars" or "Bills or Jaguars"???

Both, they are going to play for the rights :D

Or are they going to COMBINE the two teams and see what happens ?

You know, after seeing this thread title, I finally figured out the answer.

The state of the Buffalo Bills is New York! I'm surprised none of you guys figured that out yet. :D

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)