The state of the Buffalo Bills

Both, they are going to play for the rights :D

Or are they going to COMBINE the two teams and see what happens ?
The city of Los Angeles will be the home of 2 NFL football teams. The owner of the new stadium Ed Roski, is working really hard on making the idea come true and he is real close on making it happen.

The city of Los Angeles will be the home of 2 NFL football teams. The owner of the new stadium Ed Roski, is working really hard on making the idea come true and he is real close on making it happen.

Apollog,

If LA gets a team, and its a BIG IF. I'll not be surprised to see 90 percent of the LA Games being blacked out week after week because of poor fan support.

LA has never provided any fan support, so WHY is the NFL even exploring the option of putting ANOTHER, let alone 2 teams in LA.

As poor as the performance of the Buffalo Bills team has been over the last decade, their fan support has been anything but. Buffalo Bills fans fill the Stadium week after week, after week. During Snowstorms, Rain, Cold and Wind or whatever weather. The same can not be said of lots of other teams. Heck, look at Jacksonville as well as other fair weather cities, the weather is great almost all of the time, and they can't sell tickets PERIOD.

If a team fills the stadium, and gets fan support it STAYS PUT PERIOD.

John

Apollog,

If LA gets a team, and its a BIG IF. I'll not be surprised to see 90 percent of the LA Games being blacked out week after week because of poor fan support.

LA has never provided any fan support, so WHY is the NFL even exploring the option of putting ANOTHER, let alone 2 teams in LA.

As poor as the performance of the Buffalo Bills team has been over the last decade, their fan support has been anything but. Buffalo Bills fans fill the Stadium week after week, after week. During Snowstorms, Rain, Cold and Wind or whatever weather. The same can not be said of lots of other teams. Heck, look at Jacksonville as well as other fair weather cities, the weather is great almost all of the time, and they can't sell tickets PERIOD.

If a team fills the stadium, and gets fan support it STAYS PUT PERIOD.

John

Good points John. I can't see them putting any teams in LA.

Like I said before

If Buffalo would move anywhere, it would be north across the border into Southern Ontario (Buffalo and Toronto are 70 miles apart). Beginning with 2008 Rogers Communication pays the Buffalo Bills 78 million dollars to play 5 regular season and 3 preseason games over 5 years at the Roger's Center in Toronto. The Toronto Games have been a hard sell in Toronto because the stadium was not built for football and can realistically only seat 50,000, and has made the tickets very pricey.

Again the only suitable stadium for NFL Football is Ralph Wilson Stadium, which the Bills have consistently sold out for the past 10 years, regardless of having one of the worse records in pro football.

The Bills aren't going anywhere.

Oh, one more thing for the all the LAers; the NFL Commissioner is from Western New York, and will not allow his hometown team (and the only NFL Team that actually plays in NY State) to relocate on his watch.

If Buffalo would move anywhere, it would be north across the border into Southern Ontario (Buffalo and Toronto are 70 miles apart). Beginning with 2008 Rogers Communication pays the Buffalo Bills 78 million dollars to play 5 regular season and 3 preseason games over 5 years at the Roger's Center in Toronto. The Toronto Games have been a hard sell in Toronto because the stadium was not built for football and can realistically only seat 50,000, and has made the tickets very pricey.

Again the only suitable stadium for NFL Football is Ralph Wilson Stadium, which the Bills have consistently sold out for the past 10 years, regardless of having one of the worse records in pro football.

Oh, one more thing for the all the LAers; the NFL Commissioner is from Western New York, and will not allow his hometown team (and the only NFL Team that actually plays in NY State) to relocate on his watch.

HD the Literal says you're gonna have to change the name to the Orchard Park Bills. ;)

Sandra

As far as Rogers Centre goes,the football field is CFL dimensions. Also,from what I read,the CFL wants their stadiums to hold at least 25,000 people whereas the NFL wants their stadiums to hold at least 50,000. So Rogers Centre is big enough for CFL standards,& actually for NFL standards too. That being said,the Bills need to stay in Buffalo. The only teams rumored to move to Los Angeles are the Chargers,the Jaguars,or the Vikings. Moving the Vikings is stupid. They want a new stadium when they'll have the Metrodome all to themselves. BC Place Stadium in Vancouver are replacing their roof from the inflatable roof to a retractable roof(they even built a temporary 25,000 people stadium complete with luxury suites to hold them over in 2010 until the retractable roof is complete). Minnesota could do the same thing with the Metrodome,replace the roof with a retractable one,& renovate the place,& then they'd be good to go. Why does everybody have to have a new stadium every 10-20 years?

The Buffalo Bills of the 2000s- a lost decade, to say the least.

From the 2000 season on, we have made a grand total of ZERO playoff appearances and ONE winning season.

Now that it's over, I ask- where did it all go wrong?!

One reason why- offense.

As someone who lived in Buffalo during their no-huddle, high-scoring glory-days of the late 80s and early 90s, their offense this decade was enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Other than 2002, the Buffalo offense was a threat to nobody. To put it in perspective, 4 quarterbacks on the 2009 Bills combined for 2,789 passing yards. Drew Bledsoe in 2002 threw for 4,259 yards- that's nearly a 1,500 yard difference!

After the aforementioned 2002 season, the Bills tore up the astroturf for FieldTurf. In the seven seasons since, the Bills offense has been awful and the team has been mediocre. I know everyone hates the fake stuff, but the Bills are NOT a team made for the real stuff. The Bills I knew and loved were a turf team- they are NOT a grass team! Purists be damned, it set my team back for years!

We can't do anything right- firing Wade Phillips, letting players like Flutie, Bledsoe, Price, Fletcher and McGahee walk, etc.

They have not beaten the Pats since I was a sophomore in high school- I am now a college senior!

Now, we have a new coach- Chan Gailey. Oh, dear god.

The fall of the Bills is so sad to watch.

I hope someday, they will rise from the dead. For now, we're the laughingstock of the AFC (the Raiders and Chiefs have more upside).

We have a NFL thread for NFL discussions. :D:D:D

This isn't a thread about just the NFL....it is a thread about the Buffalo Bills:)

Maybe you didn't catch it but every time someone makes a thread about a team, player, coach or fan sabers ALWAYS comes in with a post telling them there is a NFL, NBA, baseball or whatever thread and they are suppose to go there.

The state of the Buffalo Bills? Isn't it New York?

Rim shot, cymbal crash, and a very big groan.:D

Guess you missed Sandra's post on the previous page.

You know, after seeing this thread title, I finally figured out the answer.

The state of the Buffalo Bills is New York! I'm surprised none of you guys figured that out yet. :D

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)