The Stick it to Dish anyway you can thread !

You know darn well most everything goes up, regardless of the economy. You just want to ignore it and keep throwing Dish tantrums.

Absolutely. And it is getting to the point where I am beginning to wonder about his mental stability. Perhaps his Jen problems are surfacing thru his Dish posts? Transference or some such?

And some people need to realize money is fungible. Certain fees are not dedicated to certain expenses. It's all one big pot.

FiOS Status report in 2 DVR DISH household

After 14 years with Dish i drop theme and i got FIOS , I got 4 receiver more channels faster Internet free long distend phone calls.

I switched to FiOS and yes, faster channel changes, all HD channels arranged 50x and higher, MRV, use the 722K's big hard drive/EHD for recording TV series. I am probably ratcheting down to AT150+ for NHL-CI and sports. The wife and guest from Canada are stunned and can't believe all the SD/HD channels. My Triple Play price starts at $56 and goes to $128 at month 7 for 2009 HD Extreme, HBO/Cin, MovePkg[Sho, TMC, Starz, Encore] HM-HD-DVR, HD box and SD box unlimited calling US/Can and 25/10 Mbps, wicked :cool:. Can you believe that there is a CNN international and SHO 2 West HD? :up The DVR is excellent and I hate Motorola. We get CSN Northwest out of Portland too, which isn't on satellite.

DISH needs to remove the DVR fee for AEP and add movie channels in HD. Bundle in a discount with Verizon and/or ATT. Hear this Charlie?

I just hope that Verizon Internet stays around these parts and WA does not let them sell out to Frontier. FiOS needs 22 HD-RSN's for the sports packages and more storage (new DVR is said to be in work).
Now to check out some Tivo HD XL's.... ;) Charlie ;)

Fees go to E*. Package prices go to E*.
More $$ for E* = more $$ E* has to purchase shows.
More shows E* purchase = more shows get made.

Or are you saying you know (have seen) E*'s budget so you know where the money comes from and where it goes?

No WE pays for programming.
DIsh does what any other company does. Pass their costs along to the end user.
The fees are to recoup expenses. E* keeps those funds.
Heck if as you imply, like fees, then pay mine.

Absolutely. And it is getting to the point where I am beginning to wonder about his mental stability. Perhaps his Jen problems are surfacing thru his Dish posts? Transference or some such?

And some people need to realize money is fungible. Certain fees are not dedicated to certain expenses. It's all one big pot.

First I am actually much happier since she left. Stressed about home ownership issues:(

But jen being gone is really a good thing........

My point wit E, someone there crossed a line SEVERLY on how much any business can raise its price, espically in todays economy:(

If the hike went thru as planned, it would be bad for E CHURN, and if by some miracle it didnt cause severe churn next year D and every other provider would be hiking fees a lot.

even E workers know the hike as planned would cause major grief

If your sincere about sticking it to dish cancel it, send in your receivers and get something else....otherwise STFU!!!!

If your sincere about sticking it to dish cancel it, send in your receivers and get something else....otherwise STFU!!!!

Some people just aren't happy with getting rid of a company they feel did them an injustice -- they have to convince a bunch of other people that the company wronged them also, and get them to leave with them. They think, for some reason, that if other people leave also, that justifies their position.

WHY would I send E my receivers? I OWN them all........

If you were the one getting gouged you might look at it differently:)

Besides if you were a pub member ....................

Oh well everyone should join the pub")

More $$ for E* = more $$ E* has to purchase shows.
More shows E* purchase = more shows get made.

Or are you saying you know (have seen) E*'s budget so you know where the money comes from and where it goes?

sorry Sam, but Dish does not purchase shows. They pay to carry channels. those channels purchase shows. The majority of the money you pay Dish to carry programming (AT100/200/250/etc) goes to those programmers for those channels, the rest goes to Dish along with the fees for things like new satellites, R&D, employees salaries, health insurance, property taxes, vehicle upkeep, etc.
But Dish doesn't purchase shows...

OK, I'll change my equation...
More $$ for E* = more $$ E* has to purchase channels.
More channels E* purchase = more shows get sent to us.
:D

No WE pays for programming.
DIsh does what any other company does. Pass their costs along to the end user.
The fees are to recoup expenses. E* keeps those funds.
Heck if as you imply, like fees, then pay mine.
I don't know how you got that I *LIKE* fees. In fact, I think they suck. However, they're the cost (pun intended) of doing business. If you want the service, you've got to pay the fees. I don't like all the extra fees that get put on telephone & cell service. But it does me no good to complain. If I don't like it, I'm free to drop the service.

There's ONE viable way to "Stick it to Dish"... drop the service. Period. End of story.

I do think it is funny that the same people that own their equipment....that want to pay less then the leased receiver guys...are also the same people that want the receiver replaced for free if they break down...

I do think it is funny that the same people that own their equipment....that want to pay less then the leased receiver guys...are also the same people that want the receiver replaced for free if they break down...

So when did that ever happen?

Its more appropiate for leased boxes. Shouldnt leased boxes include the warranty as part of the lease? Espically when the lease fee has climbed to as much as 17 bucks a month?

Of course we owners get to payt the same fee:(

So when did that ever happen?

Its more appropiate for leased boxes. Shouldnt leased boxes include the warranty as part of the lease? Especially when the lease fee has climbed to as much as 17 bucks a month?

Of course we owners get to payt the same fee:(

If I pay $5.99 a month for DHPP OF COURSE I want my receiver replaced for free. That's why I pay for it! As for leased receivers, subs shouldn't have to pay for DHPP, since the equipment isn't theirs in the first place. The initial fee isn't refundable, so it's gone once you paid it. If you cancel you have to send the receiver back, and you won't get the lease fee back either. So if the receiver craps on you they replace THEIR defective unit with THEIR refurbished "new" receiver. I bought my 722 and after three weeks it died, and then I got a scratched up refurbished one.

That's the whole deal I just don't get. We paid to have the box installed. We pay for the DHPP. We pay to lease the bloody box. The danged thing is a 625 and we've had it going on four years now. You can't tell me they haven't made their money back and then some by now. Nevermind the thing has been buggy as cain since we got it as a replacement for the last one that buggered out. Why call at this point until the thing completely dies you know.

Now we have an HDTV. A danged good one I think. To take advantage of their 'upgrade' offer we'd have to fork out another $150, after Feb. an install fee, another two year commitment, and on top of that the thing would be leased again. Then if you walk they hit you with ETF's on equipment they own and want you to send back that will just get recirculated back into the lease pool for some other schmo. They're getting paid coming and going.

We're looking at OTA, Blu-Ray, and Netflix (or something similar). I'm tired of getting hosed year after year.

Dish has certainly made it to their advantage no matter how you look at it when it comes to the retailers and for the customers. They will charge the retailer back commissions/install payments (they call them incentives) AND charge the customer a penalty for cancelling early. Double dipping. Reminds me of someone recently that wanted to sign back up with Dish and finds out that the penalty they paid was not to Dish Network, it was to the retailer. Then the customer wonders why they have to pay two cancellation fees and why Dish Network wants paid if he wants his system turned on after paying nearly $300 in penalties already. Dish Network make out (and yes, some will say that is to be expected, because business has to make money). There is a line that you cross with people after a while though. It is like they keep pushing the limits to see how far they can go until they step over the line enough to make an impact.

People think things are going to get better. Yeah right. Its going to continue down this path until something breaks then they will have to do what they can to save things (or sell out).

No there is another way that is viable, and that is to keep this thread going . Thanks for your participation.:)
Yes, I'm sure someone at Dish is assigned to watch this thread... "Hey Joe, see how many people are complaining about the new fee structure. If there's enough, we won't do it.":rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)