The Stick it to Dish anyway you can thread !

Dish has certainly made it to their advantage no matter how you look at it when it comes to the retailers and for the customers. They will charge the retailer back commissions/install payments (they call them incentives) AND charge the customer a penalty for cancelling early. Double dipping. Reminds me of someone recently that wanted to sign back up with Dish and finds out that the penalty they paid was not to Dish Network, it was to the retailer. Then the customer wonders why they have to pay two cancellation fees and why Dish Network wants paid if he wants his system turned on after paying nearly $300 in penalties already. Dish Network make out (and yes, some will say that is to be expected, because business has to make money). There is a line that you cross with people after a while though. It is like they keep pushing the limits to see how far they can go until they step over the line enough to make an impact.

People think things are going to get better. Yeah right. Its going to continue down this path until something breaks then they will have to do what they can to save things (or sell out).

greed can kill business just by word of mouth.....

geez given the fee increase if YOU were in the market for satellite tv would YOU choose E currently?

Yes, I'm sure someone at Dish is assigned to watch this thread... "Hey Joe, see how many people are complaining about the new fee structure. If there's enough, we won't do it.":rolleyes:

I think you are underestimating this great site "thanks Scott" , to have an impact on future changes in price and policy decisions from both E and D. And yes they do have a "Joe" maybe even a "Charlie" that does keep track of our rants and raves that may have had an effect on this and other issues too.

I think you are underestimating this great site "thanks Scott" , to have an impact on future changes in price and policy decisions from both E and D. And yes they do have a "Joe" maybe even a "Charlie" that does keep track of our rants and raves that may have had an effect on this and other issues too.
I'll pretend just for a moment that you're right (not about the quality of the site... that's a given)... so someone from Dish is watching the thread and tells his boss "man, people are really upset over this fee increase". The boss calls whichever department handles subscriptions... "Have we seen a drop in subscriptions?" And the answer back... "very minor". Why would Dish care about people complaining on a message board UNLESS IT RESULTS IN FEWER SUBSCRIBERS?

Will this thread result in fewer FUTURE subscribers? Maybe. Presumably once the rate structure changes, new subscribers will be told about the new rates.

So again, if you or anyone wants to make a TRUE impact on Dish and "Stick it to them"... drop your service.

I'll pretend just for a moment that you're right (not about the quality of the site... that's a given)... so someone from Dish is watching the thread and tells his boss "man, people are really upset over this fee increase". The boss calls whichever department handles subscriptions... "Have we seen a drop in subscriptions?" And the answer back... "very minor". Why would Dish care about people complaining on a message board UNLESS IT RESULTS IN FEWER SUBSCRIBERS?

Will this thread result in fewer FUTURE subscribers? Maybe. Presumably once the rate structure changes, new subscribers will be told about the new rates.

So again, if you or anyone wants to make a TRUE impact on Dish and "Stick it to them"... drop your service.
Just to be clear , I will keep my service at the welcome pac level for as long as I have my purchased equipment. So me canceling service is not going to make any difference. A lot of us have been with dish as long as 10 years or more and have been loyal supporters and promoters of dish. Newer dish subs have not gone thru the days when you had to pay $300+ for the newest box only to have another better box come out later and would have to pay full price if we wanted it. There is a lot of owned boxes out there, So it's not that hard to see this as a slap in face when we are asked to pay even more for our own equipment. I posted in another thread about a new promo I was told about from a retention csr starting feb 1st ,that will enable me to have a HD box on My 4 HD tv's and keep my bill about the same at any level, I would just have to commit to a 2 year contract. This new promo if true , would not cost any upgrade fees. This is a good option since I will continue with dish anyway. Since there is no way to know for sure if this promo along with the loyalty credit and continuing the $5 credit for having a phone connection have come about from this and other similar threads, I'm pretty sure it has had some effect. If these threads continue it will effect the bottom line in the months and years to come. Most subs don't even know this price hike is coming, when they do they will seek out more info just as you and I did for other issues that led us to "SATELLITEGUYS" and becoming members. If they see a bunch of negative threads for dish they might be more inclined to try another provider when there contract is up, and that will effect the bottom line.

Of course he hasn't, and he won't either.

not yet, some insiders suggested i wait till the increase is official.

Besides before Feb 1st it wouldnt count as a lost due to fee.

I am thining of going in a complete different direction. Either burn or buy all my favorite shows on DVDs and putting them on a server.

My own bob channel. :) all of bobs favorite shows all the time:)

A DISH rep put "FAG*OT" on my account

Has this happened to anyone before? I called to discuss my account, asked about why I was paying a lease fee on the 625 even though I purchased it. I suppose the person didn't like how I asked the question. I was not mean at all but I did ask the question a couple of times.

So, a week later I log onto my DISH account and see "FAG*OT" entered as my middle name, on the second addresss line. I was even given a new email address, I_am_a_fa*got@yahoo.com.

So, how should I "stick it" to them? What can I get from them? Credit on my account?

Buzz

Has this happened to anyone before? I called to discuss my account, asked about why I was paying a lease fee on the 625 even though I purchased it. I suppose the person didn't like how I asked the question. I was not mean at all but I did ask the question a couple of times.

So, a week later I log onto my DISH account and see "FAG*OT" entered as my middle name, on the second addresss line. I was even given a new email address, I_am_a_fa*got@yahoo.com.

So, how should I "stick it" to them? What can I get from them? Credit on my account?

Buzz

Did you keep the transcript of the chat with the employee ID?

If so, an email to ceo@echostar.com with the CSR ID and what the changes you found to your name and email after the chat should take care of it easily.

Even if you don't have the CSR ID they should be able to tell which employee made the change.

All this talk is almost like Y2k...remember that hype, I will be happy once the first comes so we can all move on to the next issue we have with dish :) Though If I read some posts right, will the Dish website have a new look on the 1st, that I think is over due

So when did that ever happen?

Its more appropiate for leased boxes. Shouldn,t leased boxes include the warranty as part of the lease? Espically when the lease fee has climbed to as much as 17 bucks a month?

Of course we owners get to pay the same fee:(
Happens all the time.
Go to a service call for a failed receiver. Customer owned.
No warranty. Custy wants a new box. I call Dish ,explain the issue. Hand the custy the phone. Dish wants to charge them for a replacment.
Custy sheets, threatens to cancel, Dish Customer Loyalty team caves and voila!!! New receiver. Although this time it's a lease.

Buzz

get hard copy.. There will be an operator ID attacched to the comment.
Copy, paste and send an email to ceo@echostar.com.
ALert the people who read those emails that you are very offended. Warn them that if there is not a a phone call to you from a person at Dish who is in a position of authority within 72 hrs, then next communication will be from an attorney, the BBB and your local news media.

get hard copy.. There will be an operator ID attacched to the comment.
Copy, paste and send an email to ceo@echostar.com.
ALert the people who read those emails that you are very offended. Warn them that if there is not a a phone call to you from a person at Dish who is in a position of authority within 72 hrs, then next communication will be from an attorney, the BBB and your local news media.

Right on. He must have really *issed off a rep. They must have been bored too. :D But that is unacceptable. Period.

Go FiOS. I'm lovin it. Two PBS in HD versus zero for DISH. I plan to further downgrade to AT120+ for a distant RSN. I canceled a [previously frozen] account and just got a box for the DVR on that account in another region. Last summer I passed a DISH audit [proved my rcvr's were at one place] after the 211 didn't call home and messed up all our phones.

--Don't feed the DISH Pig.

Last edited:
Did you keep the transcript of the chat with the employee ID?

If so, an email to ceo@echostar.com with the CSR ID and what the changes you found to your name and email after the chat should take care of it easily.

Even if you don't have the CSR ID they should be able to tell which employee made the change.

After them changing your middle name and email address to such a thing, I would be asking for a hefty credit on your account for a good while (and I am not talking about the standard $10 off per month they offer everybody) without commitment or threaten them with a lawsuit. That is a BIG no-no. That could cost them a LOT of money!!! Think of the bad press that would get Dish Network!

Definitely make sure you print this off and take other action as proof of them doing this to you in case they try to go in and remove it once you bring it to their attention. After that point you wouldn't be able to prove it was there without doing something beforehand. Perhaps take a snapshot of the webpages with that content on it and so forth.

Buzz

If this wasn't your first post and the fact I kinda don't believe it, that is funny sh*t if a Dish CSR did that. I would make them fix my account but I don't think I would complain beyond that. I'd give the csr credit for having the balls to do it. Any csr knows it will be traced back to them so if it's true they did it, you(if real) really were a pill on the phone. What would provoke them to do that, provided it wasn't a random act and was related to a recent phone call.

Nick

That is a good point NickRogers. He may have said something and not telling us everything in which provoked the CSR to do that. No matter what though, CSR's are supposed to handle things professionally.

not yet, some insiders suggested i wait till the increase is official.

Besides before Feb 1st it wouldnt count as a lost due to fee.

I am thining of going in a complete different direction. Either burn or buy all my favorite shows on DVDs and putting them on a server.

My own bob channel. :) all of bobs favorite shows all the time:)

I did this a year ago. Boxee, OTA, HTPCs and a server is all you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts