The SuperBuddy

ohsatelliteguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2007
Anybody using a SuperBuddy, and how great is it? We're going to be required to get one here shortly, and for $500, it doesn't seem worth it. I've heard that it's amazing, you just hook it up at the back of the receiver, press "Test", and a couple minutes later it tells you exactly what's wrong. I don't see how this could possibly work, how it would know the difference between bad cable and LNB short.

Was also told this was required to tune in a new satellite that was going up that would carry more HD channels, which from what I've read here is ?AMC-14? that's not going to be working for another 6 months-ish. Is that true, the SuperBuddy's required to tune in this new satellite?

The Superbuddy is well worth the money. Check the installers forum, there are a few discussions there on it. I have one and I love it, it is the BEST meter I have ever used.

Its well worth it. I cant tell you the time this meter has saved me.

I have used many other meters including the Birddog, Lacuna, among others and I wouldn't think twice about spending the money on the Super Buddy.

On the other hand, can peak a dish in under a minute (most of the time) using a cheap-o analog meter, but it's what I'm practiced with. I'd probably have a Super Buddy if I did anything outside of Dish or Direct.

Where can you get one for $500? I'm only seeing $650 and higher. Does Applied Instruments have a satelliteguys discount I'm not aware of?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)