The "Tech" guys need to learn more about their 5*** receivers

RJS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Hazel Green, WI
When speaking about recording programs running over the scheduled time, the "tech guys" stated that all we had to do was select the show from the guide and set it to start one minute early or run three minutes later (or both).

The 522 menu does indeed show this menu. However, my 508 only displays "start one minute early". It does not mention "run three minutes longer".

The only way I could get it to run over is to create a manual timer and put in the start and stop times I wanted. This is what they should have told us to do.

Perhaps this is a feature they only think we have. :shocked

To the tech guys, nothing is worth worrying about anymore in the 50x series except the 522. Those "other" receivers should be tossed out with the garbage and everyone get 522's - who cares about the fact that they aren't available to most folks anyway.
Plus if you get a 522 you can have that great new feature, NBR !!!

I assumed that all timers that had the timer padding which had the start 1 minute early by default would also end 3 minutes late by default as well.

Thank your luck stars you do not have the 522!

Dish NBR does not work in my experience. Just tonight all of the timer schedules dumped prior to the nightly update!

ALL OF THEM! I know it's just t.v. but that's not the source of my angst. I'm not independently wealthy, and I'm paying for this junk. I'm angry over the misrepresented sale of said product.

I grow tired of paying for the privilege of innovating on my dime... NBR is NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME ESPECIALLY if you're asking your customer base to PAY for it. Let alone the infrastructure the pass through of any said overhead and taxs, and a reasonable profit. Why on gods green earth are you sending out defective products and charging your customers for it?

NBR on the 522, it does not work AND it's in production AND you're charging for it! It's a LED Zepplin!

(I have a feeling this is probably just another flame in a long history of flames on this topic, but I feel slightly better)

Though the idea of the 522 rocks on paper, in "reality" --outside the marketing world that most corps now days reserve the right to market, "anything!"-- this paper weight doesn't work.

What is the most rock solid DVR product out their, that you actually get what you pay for? Is the grass greener at Direct TV? I could care less about the feature set comparison, as the feature set of the 522 is a fairy tale!

snowie said:
Thank your luck stars you do not have the 522!

Dish NBR does not work in my experience. Just tonight all of the timer schedules dumped prior to the nightly update!

ALL OF THEM! I know it's just t.v. but that's not the source of my angst. I'm not independently wealthy, and I'm paying for this junk. I'm angry over the misrepresented sale of said product.

I grow tired of paying for the privilege of innovating on my dime... NBR is NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME ESPECIALLY if you're asking your customer base to PAY for it. Let alone the infrastructure the pass through of any said overhead and taxs, and a reasonable profit. Why on gods green earth are you sending out defective products and charging your customers for it?

NBR on the 522, it does not work AND it's in production AND you're charging for it! It's a LED Zepplin!

(I have a feeling this is probably just another flame in a long history of flames on this topic, but I feel slightly better)

Though the idea of the 522 rocks on paper, in "reality" --outside the marketing world that most corps now days reserve the right to market, "anything!"-- this paper weight doesn't work.

What is the most rock solid DVR product out their, that you actually get what you pay for? Is the grass greener at Direct TV? I could care less about the feature set comparison, as the feature set of the 522 is a fairy tale!

It's an English teacher's worst nightmare! Some of it isn't even mildly coherent! "Let alone the infrastructure the pass through of any said overhead and taxs, and a reasonable profit." What the hell does that mean? Did you just pick a bunch of random words and stick them in between punctuation? I've had my 522 for six months now and I still love it.

Just because his grammar sucks doesn't mean that the NBR implementation on the 522 doesn't suck as well - they're not mutually exclusive.

My experience, if the 522's design purpose was to speak english, it would do a much worse job at it than this poster did . . .

EJMCOL said:
Just because his grammar sucks doesn't mean that the NBR implementation on the 522 doesn't suck as well - they're not mutually exclusive.

My experience, if the 522's design purpose was to speak english, it would do a much worse job at it than this poster did . . .

I didn't imply a connection. I just know that my 522 has been great.

snowie said:

I have no problems at all with the NBR on the 522, It has worked great and as advertised.

The only issues I have with my 522 are audio dropouts and video glitches.
Caller ID issues that I solve by disabling it.

I moved my nightly update to around 6:00am so it won't interfere with any of the nightly recordings . I hope that will enable my nightly timers to go off without any problems . I have been having problems with the adult shows recording in the early morning hours . So I created manual timers to record blocks of shows since the other timers don't record; from the dishpass or from the guide. I will see if it works tonight.

Don't feel bad, mine has dumped the recordings as well. For only having the thing for two weeks and having the timers dumped and the audio/video glitches, it's perfect (hint the sarcasm!) My update is at 0630 in the morning, but I still have the problems. Oh yeah, that caller ID function? What a joke. I thought that I was getting a great deal over my digital cable, but I am beginning to wonder...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts