The Thread For Those Cities Without All BIG 4 in HD

Doesn't 148 have HD locals for AK?

129 and 118.7 is CONUS. And the 61.5 spotbeams are bigger than you think.

Even if my own DMA had HD locals on satellite I still wouldn't "live" there.

I get Anchorage HD from Dish on 110, I think Fairbanks gets their HD feed from 148. Right now I believe Anchorage has the largest choice of HD networks in Alaska.

Can't get signals from 61.5 or 129, not sure about 118.7.

The main way I could get a lil where I am for HD is by adding a 65 sat...which means a new dish, or I would have to go to an out of state local. 129 twin cities.

I'm of the opinion that, while in most cases the station owners are the ones that stonewalled Dish from carrying them in HD, Dish is in no hurry to negotiate something with these guys. Why? Because they are more concerned with their "city count" than with how complete the coverage is in each city. The less channels they cover in each city, the more bandwidth they have for the next city. Sucks, but I doubt we'll see the gaps filled in for at least another year.

Thankfully I can pull Fox from 40 miles away via a little Zenith indoor directional antenna from the second floor of my house, and get 90% signal strength. But I'm lucky.

"Moving" is a beautiful thing, eh? :)

Amen to that. Like you, I am in Louisiana but moved to the Atlanta area about 6 years ago. I get all my network channels in HD and can still pick up the locals in HD OTA, weather permitting. I won't go back, either, when we get HD locals here as I like the programming there better, especially Fox Sports and Sports South where we pick up 75% of the Braves games. :)

Some of these were Clear Channel owned stations including WOAI in San Antonio. These have just recently changed ownership to Newport LLC. Hopefully, with new ownership some of these will become available. We have had HD locals in San Antonio for 2 years now and I have still been waiting and using OTA for 1 channel. I do know that DirectTv has WOAI in HD as well as our local cable company Time Warner.

DTV, TWC, and AT&T Uverse all have NBC in HD. If Dish does not get NBC in HD before the football season starts, I am dropping them and going with AT&T.

Scott is reporting that DISH and Tribune (which owns some FOX stations including FOX 61 in Hartford) may have an "announcement in the next few weeks". I hope this means more local HD for these stations that aren't live yet.:)

Lansing, MI has ABC, PBS, CBS, NBC, FOX all in SD. :confused:

A couple stripped pieces of grounding wire attached to an old balun and taped to a piece of cardboard provides the Dish 722 with 75% signal on local NBC-DT and FOX-DT, though. What the hey, a 3rd input signal never hurt anyone.

Lansing, MI has ABC, PBS, CBS, NBC, FOX all in SD. :confused:

A couple stripped pieces of grounding wire attached to an old balun and taped to a piece of cardboard provides the Dish 722 with 75% signal on local NBC-DT and FOX-DT, though. What the hey, a 3rd input signal never hurt anyone.

I get all with one of those Radio Shack Star Trek NG indoor antennas. But, those HD's are a-coming. They're uplinked and check out the screen shot by Scott from last Retailer's Chat. Looks like this summer, if we trust Dish time frame.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=25042&d=1211559897

DTV, TWC, and AT&T Uverse all have NBC in HD. If Dish does not get NBC in HD before the football season starts, I am dropping them and going with AT&T.

I would beware of ATT right now unless things have changed. Scott has said before that it is not ready for primetime yet. I have been in contact with the new owners of WOAI and they said they are working on an agreement. We shall see.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts