The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott, no. This studio is across the hall. It is the original "Tonight Show" studio. 6B. Steve Allen, Jack Parr and the first few years of Johnny Carson were done there.

It's also the old "live at 5" studio letterman would sometimes invade on his Late Night show
Fallon started in 6B when he took over for Conan and moved over the the old Late night studio 6A for 6 months while they overhauled and expanded 6B for Tonight. Dr Oz moved into 6A after Conan left and they kicked him out over the summer when Fallon moved in during the fall.

I liked Fallon's first week, I doubt he will be able to keep up the ratings once the games end but I don't think they will fall as far as some might think. I think things will even out to the normal late night race. The big question is how does Seth do Monday.

I haven't watched any of Fallon's show in real time just yet. I did play back the "Ew!" sketch and the hilarious Brian Williams/Lester Holt sentence-mixed "rap". Make it a point to check that out! It's fantastic! :D

As for Dr. Oz, I believe he's now taping on the Upper West Side, in or near where ABC and WABC-TV channel 7 are.

I haven't watched late night tv in a long time. When I did watch I always watched Fallon. Now I have a reason to tune in again Mon -Friday. He is great and I think he will become this generation's Johnnie Carson. Forget Leno , there is no comparison in their styles ,age, comedy.

His show is growing on me quick. While Lenos monologues were better, Its the extra "stuff" Fallon does that makes him a standout. That guy is talented.

Talented, but not funny and a poor interviewer which is part of the mix, Johnny could interview and give good monologues, Jimmy can do neither. Enjoy him, I'll give Seth a try tonight when I get home...

Ugh Seth? He was part of the problem at SNL. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see him being very successful, although at that time slot you only need to be good enough. Sorry Fallon isn't your cup of tea bud.

I've been going through Tonight Show withdrawals. Fallon is okay, but I really didn't want to watch SNL five nights a week.
Exactly, I'm glad I have some Tonight shows archived along with about 4 or 5 years worth of Headlines & Jaywalking and with some old Johnny episodes... I hope this blows up in NBC/Comcast's face, Fallon was fine an hour later. ;)

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 2/24:

Mo 2/24: Reese Witherspoon, Fred Armisen, Rick Ross
Tu 2/25: Paul Rudd, Shaquille O'Neal, Hannibal Buress
We 2/26: Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler, Dierks Bentley
Th 2/27: Denzel Washington, Shaun White, Sara Bareilles
Fr 2/28: Cameron Diaz, Mike Tyson, Mario Batali

Jimmy's guest list for the week of 2/24:

Mo 2/24: Reese Witherspoon, Fred Armisen, Rick Ross
Tu 2/25: Paul Rudd, Shaquille O'Neal, Hannibal Buress
We 2/26: Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler, Dierks Bentley
Th 2/27: Denzel Washington, Shaun White, Sara Bareilles
Fr 2/28: Cameron Diaz, Mike Tyson, Mario Batali

Looks like another good week .

I watched the Friday "Timberlake" show, really wasn't impressed, it's his late show with a make-over ... I'll surf channels now during that slot instead of giving that show a timer.

You say that as if it is a bad thing. I think that is what makes it great. I don't know if you caught the "Best of" show that they showed a couple weeks ago, but it is amazing. If you haven't seen it, then check it out. If you don't like that, then you will never like Jimmy.

I think Seth Meyers leaving SNL is a good thing. He has been head writer for the last few years and I have not been impressed with the show. I also have not been impressed with him and the news.

I think Seth Meyers leaving SNL is a good thing. He has been head writer for the last few years and I have not been impressed with the show. I also have not been impressed with him and the news.

With the exception of the STEPHAN segments with Bill Hader and Seth on Weekend Update, I agree with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)