The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

All of that is true but if Conan goes up against Leno and Letterman he won't survive. And when you're off the air for almost 8 months it's not easy to come back. He's already tried to beat Letterman and he failed .

The other problem which has evaded spotlight during these discussions is that NBC would give Leno a guest over Conan. They needed to boost Leno's rating, so they would give him the big guests and Conan would be stuck playing second fiddle. Conan's ratings may have been much better if Leno was not on the air.

The other problem which has evaded spotlight during these discussions is that NBC would give Leno a guest over Conan. They needed to boost Leno's rating, so they would give him the big guests and Conan would be stuck playing second fiddle. Conan's ratings may have been much better if Leno was not on the air.
Does Conan even have a deal yet?

I doubt that anyone would have announced a deal while he was still under contract to NBC. But just like Arsenio signed a deal shortly after leaving Fox I am sure that some network or cable channel will be talking to Leno.

Does Conan even have a deal yet?
I've heard that Conan's not allowed to host another show until September, but I haven't researched that to see if it's true. Anyone know?

I hope FOX picks him up for a show. He'd fit a lot better there and possibly have better ratings than both Leno and Letterman.

He has said that it runs till September. He did joke the other night that Andy Richter could host a show next week and he could be the sidekick but don't hold your breath for that.

I heard Conan say that very thing on his show. Wait 7 months but that he could still appear on other shows in the mean while. Then he mentioned that Andy Richter could host a tv show and he could be on it. So come September we will see a new Conan Show on Fox.

That is what I said Mike.---That Conan said it on the show. But that was in the monologue I would not take it at face value. I have not seen anything confirming KAB's comment but i assume he has a basis for the statement.

As for Fox there is no guarantee that they will be able to pull that off by September ---but I gree it is the most likely scenario

I'm starting to believe Conan might not get a deal. Only one network is interested. Fox.
This is not like when Letterman left NBC. He was offered a show on CBS FOX and ABC . Only one network is showing interest in Conan. I predicted that The Jay Leno Show would fail and I also said Conan would fail on The Tonight Show. Let's see how good I do now. I predict Conan won't get a new late night deal. The environment has changed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts