The TUBE: Purely OTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I guess this question isnt really FTA related, but The Tube related ;)

I recently contacted The Tube to see about possibly carring their channel on the cable system that I work for.

Their response is that The Tube is currently a "Pure Over-the-air Service", however, they did concede that that stance may change in the near future.

My question is, Where is this available? only Via Satellite? Or is it used as a secondary programming feed on the Equity OTA-DT channels?

I have asked this of them as well, but I have not recieved a response as of yet.

ultatryon said:
My question is, Where is this available? only Via Satellite? Or is it used as a secondary programming feed on the Equity OTA-DT channels?

It's a Raycom Media channel that is to be 30 O&O Raycom Media channels this Summer. They are also pitching it to other companies.

Read my post here to learn more about it.

The Tube launched last week on my local FOX affiliate, WFXL-DT out of the Albany, GA market, DMA #147.

~Alan

West Palm Beach, FL on Fox Channel 29.2 already carry it on a secondary chan.
Cleveland, Cincinatti and Honolulu are next.
Raycom are planning to distribute TheTube via multicasting (basically digital boxes) to 30 markets in Summer.

Odd.. it mentions being launched on Adelphia, but my contact there stated that they were currently not interested in launching on a cable system.

I think the more people exposed to the channel the more it'll be in demand.
How many of us had seen or even heard of TheTube before they got into FTA?

KASA-DT here in Albuquerque has just started broadcasting over the air on digital channel 27.2 for the Tube Music channel 2 days ago.

Digital channel 21.1 is the HDTV FOX network.

Just a guess, but they probably use the G3 C-band feed with AC3 Audio

Well, I just recieved an email from The Tube, requesting my mailing address, so I guess this is good news :)

Just got a notice from someone at my local NBC affiliate...

My local NBC affiliate WAFF 48 out of Huntsville, Alabama is supposed to start carrying it sometime this summer. I can't wait!! :)

The audio on the Tube seems sound okay to me even though I am hard of hearing on my left ear and totol deaf on the right ear.

Our local station's signal is very strong running at 200 + KW ERP on 10'900 feet mountain and the Albuqurque is mile high "5500+ feet. :eek:

It's on!!!!!!!!!

I decided to try a scan of my local stations on my old Voom receiver and to my surprise my local affiliate has the channel up and running. I must say from what I've seen today that this is the best music video channel. Absolutely no commercials and music videos from yesteryear as well as today. It's nothing like VH1 and MTV which only show certain music videos (rap) and reality television most of the time. Not to mention the smorgesborg of commercials in between programs on those channels. :mad: If this channel keeps up with what they've got going on, I could see it becoming more popular than MTV or VH1. They even beat out Fuse, which has some good music videos but is mainly geared toward the hard-rock group. The Tube Rocks :cool:

Anybody know the bitrate on the Tube for FTA???

I was just wondering if anybody knew the actual bitrate for the Tube via FTA. I like this channel on my local affiliate, but the bitrate is only 2mb/s which results a lot of blockiness when there's lots of motion going on.

WAFF has launched as of Monday on 48-3. I have been watching it on G10R ku for a while now. now I can watch it without switching over to FTA receiver. I am down here in Dekalb County.

The Tube

Same here ' cablewithaview ' . I had to rescan my OTA receiver to get 48-3 (The Tube) to come in. Im up here in Franklin County, TN. Have you had problems getting WAAY-DT 32 to come in.

WAAY DT 32 transmitter is a low power transmitter sitting on top of there doppler tower. They are going back to full power on the new tower sometime this summer, either June or July I think? I will be glad, besides UPN it's the only digital network from there I cannot pick up.

I have found the info since I replied to you and posted this:
Dear HD viewer,
We are pleased to announce that WAAY-TV plans to be High Definition by July 2005. We are moving forward to meet that goal, and looking forward to passing along all ABC HD programming on our full power digital signal DT-32 by July of this year. More details will become available as we reach our goal.
Thank you for your patience and also for the many emails we receive from current HD viewers.

David Keller
WAAY-TV Programming

Nice to see some locals for a change........

It's nice to see some people who are close to my area for a change. Most people I talk to are either from Michigan, California, or Texas. If you've got any questions about channels from Huntsville, AL, check out this forum for details: http://www.tennesseevalleyhd.net/index.php
If you're looking for information about digital OTA channels from Nashville, TN, check out this link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=391433&perpage=20&highlight=Nashville&pagenumber=1

I hope these links are helpful. Also, on the Tennessee Valley HD website, there is a guy that works for WHDF UPN 15. He said it should be by summer next year before they get their tower in Tennessee running their digital signal at full power and in HD. He said they could possibly do it in January of 06, but it would be more than likely to be done by next summer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comparison between a 0.5 and a 0.4 LNB

Not worth WUT, but...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)