The Turner Channels no longer have Iogos.

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Take this for what it is worth but the Turner Stations no longer have channel logos in the Hopper EPG guide. Every other channel in my guide has logos except the Turner owned stations. The missing logos include the HBO and Cinemax tiers.

I thought DISH was able to negotiate the channels coming back until they secured a long term deal. Looks like that long term deal may not have happened. Then again it could just be a glitch.

They are being pulled at 2PM today when the uplink report comes out.

(April 1st)

I thought the deal that was signed last year was only good through March (?).

There is a Variety article that I can't link to that says -

"The new agreement . . . takes all Turner networks through the end of March, giving the sides more time to sort out their differences"

According to a WSJ article the short term deal ended yesterday evening, and both Dish and Time worked over night to get a new long term deal. It gives Dish access to HBO for SlingTV and the right to market HBO Now if they want to (which I doubt they will due to Sling).
Doesn't mention anything else new. I am sure Dish will now be offering HBO/Max free for 3 months again to new subs.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
i clicked this thread thinking it was an April Fools day joke, only to find out that Dish's short term deal with Time Warner/Turner ended last night and they reached a new long term deal today. that's a good serious news on a day full of pranks. at least we now know that the whole HBO ordeal brought up in another thread regrading that Dish wasn't advertising the HBO/Cinemax package was related to the Time Warner/Dish negotiations for a long term deal deal

I wouldn't be too concerned since they just signed a deal with Turner including coverage on Sling TV.
I asked this in the thread about whether we are supposed to be receiving HLN in the Welcome Pack, but nobody answered it: Is there a chance that more Turner-owned channels will be added to the Welcome Pack as part of this deal? I am already receiving HLN (SD only) on one of my accounts and TNT (SD only) on my other account. Both accounts have the Welcome Pack with no other add-ons. Is this a glitch or are we supposed to be getting these channels? (By the way, I first posted about this in the other thread last month, so this is not an April Fool's Day joke. I actually am receiving those channels.)

Any chance in heck that the new deal could scootch TCM over to Sling TV, maybe as an a la carte or in a movie pack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts