The Two City Dilema

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At the 'host' home I have 10 meg upload for the Sling. The second home is currently relying on AT&T LTE Netgear Unite (Hotspot) that has 20 meg receive speed. I watched Netflix using a Roku with no issues at the second home. I figure one hour of internet watching uses 1 gig (am I about right?) . I'm so far not willing to call Cox and pay another $100 per month for virtually nothing.

I think my best solution is to hire a local or Dish installer and sign up for the second receiver 211Z for $7 per month. Can one have more than one 211Z's at $7 per month? Anyone anticipate issues?

Yea dish would love that. I would agree, but I think the issue is how long they would let you put it on pause.

Ideally you would activate the account for 3 days every other weekend.

It's honestly not worth the hassle waiting on hold to call it in. Besides you would be in a contract forever doing it just way because the contract pauses also.

You can put your Dish sub on hold for up to 9 months at a time. I travel overseas for my job and put mine on hold regularly. Granted that the time doesn't count against contract but since I have been out of contract for a LONG time it doesn't matter. When I got my Hopper 3 I was willing to pay the $100 upgrade fee but insisted no new contract, Dish agreed, so I can still use the vacation hold with no worries.

If Dish doesn't have a problem with me having long vacation holds, I am pretty two contracts in different names wouldn't raise any flags.

Our situation is slightly different, as my siblings and I co-own our vacation home. We're using Dish's Pay-as-you-go service when the home is inhabited and split the monthly fees. That way there is no Vacation Hold and we're above-board with the service. We just call up and get the locals and the lowest FlexPack (or whatever they'll allow us this year). At the end of the season, we call to shut it down and we're good until next year.

We have a Dish 1000.2 EA dish pointed to the SE. The ViP 722 that I won in Scott & Prize Goddess's Holiday Giveaway eons ago is the receiver in the Living Room and TV2 feeds the other TV outlets in the house. When I was wiring it up I also ran a second drop to the Master Bedroom so I can activate my ViP 211k as an RV to get HD there (and not miss GoT!)

There is a DirecTV dish on the south wall of the house that my niece's husband put in (he is a DirecTV installer) which also feeds the living room and master bedroom, so we had to make sure the connections are clearly marked!

Sounded like that 722 might have came from my office as part of the give away :)

Reactions: Foxbat
Sounded like that 722 might have came from my office as part of the give away :)
I guess I need to thank you as well. You'll be happy to know it ended up back in Michigan, albeit a bit further north than your location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)