The (un)OFFICIAL missed recordings thread

It hung up on a recording on tuner 2 and tuner 1 never went to record it was only recording on tuner 2 so everything I had to record on Thursday never did. I called dish and all they did was put a ticket out and said they will recreate what happened and if they do they will put out a fix. What crap I am stuck with a 922 asfudgers

Last edited:
add me to the list; two timers failed to fire. it wasn't until i rebooted would the 922 start to record. i might have to buy another 722 and put this one in another room. we shall see

I had some problems with timers not recording and i called Dish and had them credit me the DVR fees since it doesn't work right. You guys should call and complain.

My timers are firing but it only records half of some of:rant: the programs.

I have had that problem also in addition to 3 or 4 missed timers over the last 2 weeks. One of the shows was on again later and so I tried to hit the record button. You can hit that button over and over and no record options ever came up. I found that since it was already in the DVR (part of the show) I had to delete it first.

Switched from D* last Tuesday so far here's my list:

Trying to record two OTA shows, one recorded fine, the other was a black screen. Couldn't change to channels while recording had to hard reboot

Four OTA recordings have resulted in black screen playback, but show the correct start and end times in the history. It varies if they are recording by themselves or with other OTA/SAT shows at the same time.

Two recorded shows have stopped 30-45 minutes into the recording as if the show was done. One was OTA, one was SAT. Start and end times in history as well as the playback bar show the correct times.

One OTA recording had no audio. The show directly before this on the same OTA channel did have audio.

One OTA recording when I tried to start playback a few minutes into the recording would jump to LiveTV. When the recording was done playback was just a black screen.

One timer showed in the history that it was "completed by user 2" but showed N/A for the start and end times, and nothing recorded.

All OTA signal strengths were 94-95 when these problems occurred.

New product expert recommends pulling the plug for a reset, deleting all recorded shows, and deleting all timers and starting over as there are no reported issues with this receiver?!! I think I'll point to this forum.

When you first get the 922 , it will act quirky and miss recordings till it gets acclimated. If it is missing recordings , you need to unplug the receiver and wait a minute and plug it back in to fully reboot it. I had my 922 showing the shows it was supposed to record in the timer schedule but it was not recording anything. So unplugged it and plugged back in and the show timers all kicked in. Any new DISH receiver has software bugs and glitches , but eventually will work fine with time. My receiver is going on two weeks now. Had only one instance of the shows not recording and that was yesterday.

When you first get the 922 , it will act quirky and miss recordings till it gets acclimated. If it is missing recordings , you need to unplug the receiver and wait a minute and plug it back in to fully reboot it. I had my 922 showing the shows it was supposed to record in the timer schedule but it was not recording anything. So unplugged it and plugged back in and the show timers all kicked in. Any new DISH receiver has software bugs and glitches , but eventually will work fine with time. My receiver is going on two weeks now. Had only one instance of the shows not recording and that was yesterday.

Acclimated? Seriously... ROFL

Since I rearranged my Tuesday recording schedule to only be recording 3 shows at 9 instead of 4 the last two Tuesdays haven't missed any.

Acclimated? Seriously... ROFL

Well that is the only term I could come up with that made sense to me. NO new receiver acts right the first day or two. It has to get used to the amount of timers , recordings etc and you have to get used to the receiver and how it works. The 922 is more complicated than the 722k was. Different way to search, recording features , than the more simplistic 722k was.

Seems I too have missed recordings. Since Wednesday night, it now looks like our 922 has missed 5 recordings. Dish has sent me a new 922, but I am not sure I want to swap it out. I have not enabled the external USB drive support and do not feel I should pay $40 to have it enabled so I can transfer the recordings from the "broken" unit to a new one.

I thought it was funny when I called Dish twice about this issue. Everyone I talked to said they are not having issues with missed timers on this DVR.

I had a couple of recordings that were half done (get halfway through the show and it just skips to the end, DVR shows correct duration). Chalked that up to the experience others are also having.

Then something weird happened. My DVR was set up to record the season finale of American Idol on TV1 and South Park on TV2. An hour into AI, the channel changes to record another show. This of course, shouldn't happen, because the 922 shouldn't just cut off a show in progress to accommodate another program (it wouldn't record it in the first place).

Tried changing back, which cancelled the show it had just switched to, and tried to record what was left of AI manually - 922 brought up the conflict resolution guide - I told it to skip EVERYTHING else that even looked close to the time frame in question. It wouldn't record it.

When all was said and done, by 9PM there was nothing recording according to the DVR daily activity page, but the red record light was on.

So, I unplugged it, and plugged it back in. Now things *seem* fine - we'll see. The recording in question had the "Completed by user 2" message on it - I've seen others indicate that this means TV2, and in this case that's NOT true - it was definitely a TV1 recording.

My 922 still misses random recordings, but for the most part it now appears to be OTA recordings, especially when the SAT tuners are being used to record as well.
I had a timer set to record the 24 finale via OTA, while two other programs were recording on the SAT tuners.
Shortly after the recording started, I checked the Media screen. MY two SAt recordings were there and recording in progress, but no sign of 24.
I checked the timer list and the timer for 24 was there and showed recording to be in progress.
At 9:01 PM, the SAT recordings finished and both appeared under My Media.
At 9:03, the OTA timer for 24 finished, and it also showed in My Media.
however, when I tried to play back 24, it was actually a recording from 9:01 to 9:03, two minutes of local news from the Fox affiliate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts