The Voice

I like this show. It's more fast paced and the auditions aren't as painful to watch. They get actual musical back up with a band and it show cases their talent or lack there of . I also like the chemistry of the judges , especially Blake and Adam. They are funny the way the compete against each other. Christina is still a bit skanky, but fun to watch .
This, I loved their expressions when they pushed the buttons with the kid with the bow tie... :D (watching it now)

They are going to go up against The X Factor this fall? Maybe they figure they stand a better chance against them vs. American Idol. I think it is a really good show with how they do things and it faster paced. I enjoyed last season and this season is good so far.

I didn't like X Factor at all. I watched it ,but it didn't have a good vibe to me. I did like the Voice from the beginning and the judges chemistry is crucial to the show being good to me. American Idol is getting a little long in the tooth for my taste and I can take it or leave it. Since this season began I have recorded it and watched it on Saturdays ,when nothing else is on . Sometimes I will delete it without watching it at all ,if I need the room on my dvr.

We are really liking The Voice, and not having seen the first season, looking to see what transpires once the blind auditions are over.

The Battle rounds are after the blind auditions. The coach pairs up his/her singers into pairs and picks a song that challenges both singers. They then sing it at the same time and the coach has to choose which singer they believe should move onto the next round. The fans have no votes until after the battle rounds.

Here is a clip of one of last seasons battle rounds.

The Voice - Season 1 Episode 5 "The Battles, Part 3" Part 2 - YouTube

The Battle rounds are after the blind auditions. The coach pairs up his/her singers into pairs and picks a song that challenges both singers. They then sing it at the same time and the coach has to choose which singer they believe should move onto the next round. The fans have no votes until after the battle rounds.

Here is a clip of one of last seasons battle rounds.

The Voice - Season 1 Episode 5 "The Battles, Part 3" Part 2 - YouTube

So each coach narrows down his team through a sing-out? Interesting.

Thanks for that video -- I enjoyed it. And think I am going to like this show a LOT better than Idol.

They were good. I watched some of those on the nbc youtube channel today(well its actually Saturday now, so yesterday) to refresh my memory on what teams had which singers. The kid that sang Folsom Prison Blues this past week was good.

Well NASCAR kept me up figured I might as well finish the late night off with the voice. Xtina got a good one with her final choice, the others didn't really stand out with anything spectacular to me. My hometown girl Adley was pretty good. She didn't appear as nervous as most of the others tonight. I really liked the old guy from Memphis. I was a little surprised no one gave him a shot. Watching the preview for the battle rounds next week I; like most red blooded American men, like Xtina's choice of wardrobe. :)

Well NASCAR kept me up figured I might as well finish the late night off with the voice. Xtina got a good one with her final choice, the others didn't really stand out with anything spectacular to me. My hometown girl Adley was pretty good. She didn't appear as nervous as most of the others tonight. I really liked the old guy from Memphis. I was a little surprised no one gave him a shot. Watching the preview for the battle rounds next week I; like most red blooded American men, like Xtina's choice of wardrobe. :)
I started to also, but "The Boss" was on Jimmy Fallon so caught that instead...

I just realized the Voice has elements from 2 shows I like/ liked... Rockstar (backstory of the contestants) & Big Brother (where they the hunt down the contestant & give them their card (key)) creators/producers of both are involved in this.

I think he is right. They shouldn't be strutting just yet. They definitely need some good shows like they had on back in the days when they had MUST SEE TV Thursday nights. They still don't have a real decent comedy and I don't consider ANY of the shows they have on now on Thursdays as the next Sienfeld or Friends.