The VOOM Countdown has started 23 days 'til 2/29/04

I would think the channels that were originally in their line up, but hidden in the HTML code are the ones we probably would see.
Which is pretty good.

ESPN HD is not so much of a joke anymore. 4 to 5 live offerings a week is a good start, imo. Also, Sportscenter will soon be in HD which will add TONS of hours.

When ESPN gets to a point where they will offer one or two events a day, then they will basically control my TV ! :)

They will probably dcharge an arm and a leg for this block of HD programming. Will the films be XXX, X or XX?

Adult HDTV Comes to DIRECTV

Shortly after the game, the satellite TV service will kick off its first offering of adult movies in HDTV, TVPredictions.com has learned. The films, which will come from Playboy and the Spice channel, will be available on DIRECTV's Pay-Per-View channel from midnight to 6 a.m. ET.

Following Super Bowl Sunday, DIRECTV's adult HDTV block will air every Thursday through Sunday from midnight to 6 a.m. ET.

Robert Mercer, a DIRECTV spokesman, said he was not sure how much DIRECTV will charge for the six-hour block. However, since the films will be in HDTV, the price will likely be slightly more than regular adult PPV blocks, which run up to $12.

This could be the first launch of adult HDTV in the United States. Cablevision's VOOM satellite TV service has announced that it will carry the Spice HD channel, but has yet to reveal a launch date.

At CES Voom said 1 Feb for Adult PPVG and other PPV. It was unambiguous. We'll see. I hope Voom doesn't lose this bragging right, even if I don't have a fixed box to see it.

Any hope for ANYTHING Feb. 1? (Besides news)

It would be nice if they could throw up at least a morsel or two. You know, Cinemax HD. I mean, I know HBO charges a lot, but Cinemax?
InHD(s) would be a nice surprise.

So are we on for the 1st?

Will it happen on the 1st which happens to be just day's away or will this happen sometime later?

· 201 HBO HD East
· 202 HBO HD West
· 221 Cinemax HD East
· 222 Cinemax HD West
· 281 InHD
· 282 InHD 2
· 301 ESPN HD
· 321 NBA-TV HD
· 501 Bravo HD
· 701 Adult PPV HD

If it's true that the following channels are added on the 1st then we are talking a lot of new HD channels which isn't a bad thing :)

I hope so. And thanks to Wilt, folks at the home office, and Installs Inc (with the high level "push") I should be back in business tomorrow.

Tim

I just called VOOM CSR to find out what was going to happen on Sunday. I was told that the launch date for all the new channels had been pushed to the 28th. I don't think we should get our hopes up for anything this weekend. :(

I think HBO HD is coming soon to VOOM, I saw an ad for VOOM on ESPN the other day and it had HBO HD listed as one of the channels.

I find it wierd though that they can advertise channels they don't have yet.

Why is it that VOOM does not add Playboy-HD and Spice-HD to their lineup? Is it because these are PPV channels and all subscribers are still in free-mode? If they indeed have already contracts in place, at least with Playboy-HD, shoudn't they add them to give us a free view of their channels? Wasn't this the condition to see everything before the free period was over? I am really getting annoyed that is already the 6th of February and yet the only thing that was added was Encore Action (an SD channel).

I will not be satisified with only HBO-HD and Cinemax-hd. Voom needs to add INHD I & II plus ESPN-HD since these two will provide most of the HD sports events that will be coming in the spring and summer.

Let's start seeing some new HD channels. I am getting inpatient and I am usually very patient.

I feel your pain. I crank it up every morning at 5am before I go to work, and going directly to "system status" hoping I'll see firmware version 17, or software version 6.0, or channels with numbers other than 100, 16, 15.....

Nothing! :no

This morning I let out a Howard Dean screeeetch :eek: when I saw nothing again. I think my family is concerned.

Geno

Sean Mota said:
Why is it that VOOM does not add Playboy-HD and Spice-HD to their lineup? Is it because these are PPV channels and all subscribers are still in free-mode? If they indeed have already contracts in place, at least with Playboy-HD, shoudn't they add them to give us a free view of their channels? Wasn't this the condition to see everything before the free period was over? I am really getting annoyed that is already the 6th of February and yet the only thing that was added was Encore Action (an SD channel).

I will not be satisified with only HBO-HD and Cinemax-hd. Voom needs to add INHD I & II plus ESPN-HD since these two will provide most of the HD sports events that will be coming in the spring and summer.

Let's start seeing some new HD channels. I am getting inpatient and I am usually very patient.

Sean Mota said:

ESPN-HD is a must for me. If they do not add ESPN-HD by 2/29/04 I am cancelling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts